Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a novice to working on vehicles. Recently purchased a 2014 i40. It started making a knocking sound on small bumps and I've located to these rubber bushings(not sure if named appropriately). Should the rubber be separate from the metal washer. It appears that both on both rear tires have come lose, but one specifically is bouncing around causing the noise that lead me to find this. Please help me understand what's going on here. Is it problematic? What's the easiest fix?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Vehrepairnovice, post: 866067, członek: 138805"]
Jestem nowicjuszem w pracy przy pojazdach. Niedawno kupiłem i40 2014. Zaczął wydawać dźwięk stukania na małych wybrzuszeniach i zlokalizowałem te gumowe tuleje (nie jestem pewien, czy odpowiednio nazwane). Czy guma powinna być oddzielona od metalowej podkładki. Wygląda na to, że obie tylne opony się zgubiły, ale jedna konkretnie podskakuje, powodując hałas, który doprowadził mnie do tego tego. Proszę, pomóż mi zrozumieć, co się tutaj dzieje. Czy to jest problematyczne? Jaka jest najłatwiejsza naprawa?
[/ ZACYTOWAĆ] looks like i have the same problem. Did you fix it? If yes, can you give me some tips how to do it self?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep, need to change this rubber and then is fine
Great for you! My uncle got this incoming i40 project and might need new suspension rubbers as well. We'll just finish installing the bumpers and dually wheels on the Superduty this week before we can work on it. The previous owner of the i40 mentioned his youngest son hit a fence so there might be more things to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts