Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, the other day i was checkin out the hotwires offered by Nology and thinkin of maybe gettin a set for my 01. Good decision? :ermm:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The magnecores are cheaper and so are the MSD plugwires I believe....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by WytchDctr
[body]
IMO no.
[/body]
is there a reason y u said its not a good idea? or there just not good wires

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
the consept/logic behind its flawed. If anything it will slightly retard the timing because youll have to wait that split second before the cap. charges then discharges. That and modern igntion systems already sent an extremly high amount of power to the plugs anyway. Unless you are running some serious boost upping that voltage isn't worth anything really. :ermm: The only reason I am running magnecors is the warrenty and they are really good wires.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought some cheap 10mm wires on ebay and I love them they only cost about $50 shipped and they are super nice.
my freind used to beat me by about a car now I take him by about 2 cars

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by derek97tiby
[body]
I bought some cheap 10mm wires on ebay and I love them they only cost about $50 shipped and they are super nice.
my freind used to beat me by about a car now I take him by about 2 cars
[/body]
Just from new wires???

·
Registered
120 Posts
yep and another way to get good power is to cut your powerstearing belt it helps alot
I run 15.3 1/4 mile and All i have is a $30 intake no power stearing and those wires no exhaust components at all

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
yeah and how many miles did you have on your stock wires? There is no way any wire would increase your performance that much on there own. My stock wires crapped out at 30k miles. I think you where arching and loosing a **** load of power before you swapped those cheapys on. The thing is.. when they go bad there goes another 50bux. Just buy magnecors and get the lifetime warrenty. :ermm:

·
Registered
127 Posts
[body]
yep and another way to get good power is to cut your powerstearing belt it helps alot
I run 15.3 1/4 mile and All i have is a $30 intake no power stearing and those wires no exhaust components at all
[/body]
by cut do you mean cut them perminatly or just for a lil while?

if just for a lil while how do i do that lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
[body]
[/body]
Thats great...until you try to turn quickly...

I'd remove the A/C compressor before I messed with my power steering.

15.3 with a $30 intake, no power steering, and no exhaust?

Got a pic of that timeslip?

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Aftermarket plug wires alone WILL NOT give you a substantial horsepower increase. You MIGHT get anywhere from 1 or 2 hp if you're lucky. And 15.3??? No way. I call BS, because theres people on this site that are running AEM cai's, full cat back with header, TB & IM, 1.8 cam, and a few other little things....and they are hitting low 15's to high 14's. So there's no way you're running 15.3 with only $80 worth of parts on your car. :sleepy:

If you are, and can show your time slip....I'll eat my words and give a formal apology for doubting you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
one reason it worked so well is because I put the wires and the CAI on at the same time and cut the power steering belt all at the same time thats why it made me beat my freinds car
my freind has a shelby daytona turbo

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
That would be like me saying. I ran a 15.9 yesterday, but today I ran a 14.0 JUST BECAUSE I FILLED UP WITH 93 OCTANE. Oh.. I forgot to mention the reason I filled up with 93 was because I added an NX kit to my car and sprayed a 75shot. :dead:

·
Registered
127 Posts
so dude you are running around right now with out power stearing?

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah its not that hard to stear its actually more stable at high speeds your stearing isnt so sensitive
its not that hard to stear especially when you get moving
you will notice more power

·
Registered
127 Posts
hmm is there a way i can take the belt off easily so that i can put it back on? caus i think i might go down to the track and do a lil experiment

1 - 20 of 28 Posts