Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... new here. Just bought a new Charcoal Gray 5spd 08 Accent GS hatch the other day. Got tired of getting 12-13mph with my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, and parked it next to the house and bought the Accent to do most daily driving in.

I have to admit, when I first started looking for an affordable commuter car, I didn't even think to look at Hyundai because my dad had had an Excel back in the early 90s and it was a bit of a heap. I looked at Toyota (Yaris is an ugly little car though), Honda, Nissan, etc. But then remembered the incredible warranty that Hyundai has and decided to go take a look at the Accents, if for no other reason than just to rule them out. Wow, was I surprised. The quality of Hyundai's product has substantially improved. After one test drive I was convinced the Accent was the best all around choice. Truth be told I'd really rather have a Mini Cooper S (I dig that little car)... but at about 40% the price of the Mini I'll take the Accent for now and save for the Mini a couple years down the road.

Anyway, glad I found this forum.

·
Registered
502 Posts
lol a mini is also double the cost to register and probably triple the cost for insurance.
sure they look good and get nice gas milage but they are a rich mans car.

the usual complaint about the accent is power but If your not new to the car modifier's world I believe u will do fine and be extra suprized with your little accent.

the Accent is know to be underestimated by the world... I should know, I have one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, everything about the Mini is more expensive... and for the primary purpose I bought this car (economy) it didn't make sense to spend all the extra money on a Mini (both to purchase and to register/insure/maintain). That's why after looking and researching for several weeks I really did conclude that the Accent was the best all around choice.

So far I really like it. With the 5spd it is surprisingly fun to drive and quite peppy (and I'm still babying it to break it in, so I haven't really gotten on it yet). The 5spd gearbox is a nice tight little unit with a short throw and easy to find gears, and I have the base GS, I imagine the SE with the B&M shifter must be really nice.

Anyway, right now I couldn't be happier with it. Really, just a great little car and for the money I don't see how it can be beat (where else can you buy a brand new car for less than $11k).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts