Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a turbo kit here in the HP store for a 2001 Tiburon. It says it's not legal for use on the highway, is it not legal cuz it could hurt the car? And if it is safe for the car to use the kit on the highway, how would any cops know you had one? This may seem stupid, but so is the fact it says not legal for use on the highway. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think this is their way of wiping their hands of any responsibility in the case somehow you get a ticket. The laws differ from state to state, but here in OH anything that makes the car throw a CEL is technically illegal since emissions fail any car with a CEL.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Originally posted by kojaxian_neonix
[body]
I think this is their way of wiping their hands of any responsibility in the case somehow you get a ticket. The laws differ from state to state, but here in OH anything that makes the car throw a CEL is technically illegal since emissions fail any car with a CEL.
[/body]
Are you kidding? Pennsylvanian's advertise in the classifieds "Great Car for Ohio" because of how lax inspections are.

Probably relates more to manufacturer's warranties than anything else...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I think they are using the disclaimer because in some of your States (inc. Cal.) it is illegal to fit aftermarket engine mods. which are not ?CARB? certified.

Nick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In some states it is illegal to alter your exhaust. I don't think the police would ever check but its out there. And one state can't remember which one the way they have there muffler laws written states that a turbo is considered a muffler. Now that is messed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts