Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to the track a few months ago.

ran 13.8 @ 103.5mph

Not too bad.

My 2002 VW 337 would almost always trap 109.5 mph and run between 13.1 and 13.5 et.

If I could change the fuel mapping and the transmission mapping, even a little, I bet this Genesis would run a 13.5. The trans shifts like an old lady. I get that Hyundai wants this car to be silky smooth, but give me a "sport mode" button so I can tell the trans to be aggressive!

Anyways, still pretty impressive for a stock car. Especially considering where Hyundai was just 5 short years ago.

Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Those are impressive numbers especially if it is automatic. How old is your Genesis?
Wow, talk about bringing back an old post.....It was an automatic. 2009 Genesis Sedan 4.6 V8.
I put 80k miles on that car without a single issue, then traded it in on an Audi Q5 back in January.

The Q5 has APR Stage 2 and is just over 400hp
I also have a 2012 Golf R with APR Stage 3 that's now around 520 hp.

here's my Golf R when it was 450-460hp. Just got it back from APR a few weeks ago and will be heading back to the track with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6X3UWpEGE

If Hyundai does something with the body style of the Genesis Sedan, because the 2012-2013's look cheap in my opinion, I'll consider getting back into one...Or maybe an Equus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts