Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to get these wheels for my 2004 Accent GT. I can't decide between 15" or 16". I know the 15" with lower profile tires won't skew my speedometer at all but I'm wondering if the 16"s will.

These are the wheels-

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=O.Z.&wheelModel=Superturismo+GT&wheelFinish=Bright+Silver+Paint

I think some of the WRC teams have used these for some of the tarmac courses but I'm not sure

These are the tires that fit the 15"-

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+711

These are the tires that fit the 16" -

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3

Any opinions or suggestions would be great because I can't decide what to do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
what type of factory wheels did your car come with? If it came with 185/60 r14's you can either go 15" or 16". If you get 15's you will need to get 195/50 r15 tyres, if you decide to go 16's you will have to get 205/40 r16, this will keep your speedo accurate.

The reason for this is that the rolling distance of these tyre sizes are extremely similar, they only differ by about 1mm each, which isnt enough to affect the speedo.

Good luck in your decision :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Those superturismos weren't that light if you consider about weight..I was dissapointed with superturismos and they were 15".

MAybe you should try superleggeras or other wheels.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by eyelid
[body]
Those superturismos weren't that light if you consider about weight..I was dissapointed with superturismos and they were 15".

MAybe you should try superleggeras or other wheels.
[/body]
The 15" superturismos are 18.2 lbs. I think and the 17" (only size I found) were 16.3 lbs. so it's roughly 8 lbs. of difference....I don't plan on doing any racing or anything extensive enough where I'd be worried about an extra 8 lbs. Were you dissappointed in them just because of weight or did you have some other problems with them? The 16" superturismos were around 20 lbs. I think.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah dissapointed with weight, they're actually good looking rims and very strong, but when I bought my S-coupe it came with "random Rondell 15" rims" and they're much lighter than Superturismos and seems to be wider too..and I've never seen these kind of Rondell-rims.

·
Registered
646 Posts
My vote is for 15.

15 will give you all the performance you could ever need, and there are a million different tires from all manufacturers in all performance leves that come in 195/50R15 or 205/50R15. And the diametre is not too big either, so it will certainly help lessen the chance of rubbing on fenders. 16 is heavier (generally) and if you want to be able to stay close to the original diametre, you're gonna have to pay some BIG bucks to buy some high quality, yet horribly harsh riding licorice strip tires.

15's look really sharp on little cars like the Accent. If you care at all about performance, 15 is your bet. If you're all about bling and looking pimp and rolling on a tight ride, then stuff some 19's under there somehow..... :hmmm:

·
Registered
91 Posts
On these cars you can generally go to 6.5" rim width, anything over that may rub on the inside guard when you turn the wheels i have 15x6" on my car and they are fine

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had a set of rims 18*7.5 on my car, and you need a spacer for those rims to fit. I also had a set of rims 17*7.5 and they dont fit. My first set of rims I got used, and I didnt know that they would need spacers till I put them on. The second set of rims I got, I was told they would fit, but the store was wrong so I needed a second time a set of spacers for the rear. My advice for you buying your rims, have that store put the rims on without the tire to make sure they fit, and always buy the low profile tires like 205-40 for your rims. You can get a lower profile, but the tire costs are unreal.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have 15" superleggeras, weight is great, they are actually 15x7 and I dont rub, however they are on 195/50r15 tires ro maybe if I went to a 205 tire it might rub, I dont know, but on a car with our wheelbase and weight, you dont anything wider than 195 if it's a good tire... I just tore through a pair of toyo t1-r's and they were very very sticky, I coupl easilt take 90* corners at 35 or so with no understeer and minimal noise from the tires.

I love the look of the supperturismo's and they are used at least on the pics of the rally acccent, but they actually use a more solid wheel that is fully forged. I think the leggeras and tourismos are semi forged only.

anyway, your getting OZs, and that's what counts... none of that motegi/american racing c-rap!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts