Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are the New accents OBD II still? If they are you can beta swap.... If they are CAN ECU's That's a whole new playing field and It would be lot and lots of work to get the thing running (if it is at all Possible)

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Are the New accents OBD II still? If they are you can beta swap.... If they are CAN ECU's That's a whole new playing field and It would be lot and lots of work to get the thing running (if it is at all Possible)
The MC Accents are CAN compliant.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
So does this mean I can basicly do the swap on the MC with a 07 ECU and engine as easily as the 01 Tibby into the X3? I have a Standalone I can hook into the MC if that helps.
The HD ECU is totally different than the MC ECU. You can't switch ECU's that easily because:

1. The CAN line programming is configured for the specific units that are in the carit was originally installed in. What is on a CAN line in a Elantra is not exactly the same as the Accent. On the Elantra, the Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) and EPS system is run by the ECU. The Accent does not have that unit. The Elantra also has EBS (electronic brake assist) within the ABS system, and that also is not in the Accent.

2. The VIN number is permanently burnt into the ECU. This is a one time deal and if you change ECU's, and have any kind of state inspections, one thing they do is verify the VIN in the ECU. Incorrect VIN numbers mean the vehicle automatically fails inspection and may be more difficult to insure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts