Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my check engine light came on and i went to autozone to get it scanned. they couldn';t find the obd port and said that because i had bought a foreign car it didn't have obd. is this true, or where is the obd port?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know where it is on the 97, but on my 2000 it is right under the dash on the driver's side.
Sounds like someone was just to lazy to crawl under there to check it to me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
To find the ODBII port, look at the rectangular switch panel on the left side of the steering wheel. The port is located in the grey part of the crashpad directly above that switch panel. If you run your fingers along the edge where the crashpad and the top of that panel meet and you will feel a big rectangular hole. That is where the port is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by da_moose
[body]
To find the ODBII port, look at the rectangular switch panel on the left side of the steering wheel. The port is located in the grey part of the crashpad directly above that switch panel. If you run your fingers along the edge where the crashpad and the top of that panel meet and you will feel a big rectangular hole. That is where the port is.
[/body]
do you have a picture of this? because i looked at it this mornign and still couldn't find it

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
OMG You cant miss it!!! Its a plug rectangular shaped... Look in a friggin manual for God's sake! Pleas dont try and mod your car you'll hurt yourself...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts