Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a OBD-II scanner program that lets me plug my car on my laptop, no I can't modify anything with it but it just seemed like a good preventive tool. What good is it to modify anything on the engine if you cant keep track of what might be going wrong in there.

First off, it doesn't work half as good as I was expecting it to but somehow I have to beleive the numbers even if it might as well be chinese.

Now to my surprise no error codes pop up so I think i'm doing good (there's the usual -545454 code, but i have no clue what it means).

Now the things that don't make sense and maybe someone can help me out :

1) There's a thing that says "absolute throttle position" and that value always stays at 0% which is really weird.

2) The MAF (mass air flow rate) never moves as well as the fuel pressure and the intake manifold pressure. (always constant values either at idle or full throttle)

I was thinking that that might be the cause to my really bad fuel consuming problem. When I got my CAI and Cat-back it went from bad to worst and after installing my BBTB I can see the fuel gauge drop down when I hit full-throttle. I thought these parts were supposed to somewhat help on gas consumption so I dont know what's going on ... hey for all I know everything is going good and I just worry for nothing.

thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
what program are you using. If you are using USB you may have to change some setting for the USB or your serial port.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Not only that, but if your O2's are fried, the car defaults to fail safe mode and just dumps extra gas in there... I had the same problem on a ford using EEC-IV (before even OBD-1)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the Digimoto MobyDick setup whith a Serial to USB adapter. Running off of the Digimoto 4.03 program. Everything else seems to work fine, if it wasn't supported it would say so ... but I will check some of the other very limited port options on the program and maybe try to contact the manufacturer to see what they have to say. i'll keep this posted.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Make sure you emulate RS 232 properly... 8 N 1, no parity. I wouldn't go over 14,400 BPS either...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna sound stupid but that didn't tell me anything ... i'll show my brother that last post and maybe he'll be able to make sense out of it (i usually leave to computer work up to him) ... lol ... thanks for the info.

I tried contacting the company and i didn't get an answer back and i was reading on their forum and it doesn't look so good ... before dealing with them make sure you read what the other people have to say, i din't have any problems but it looks pretty bad for other people out there

[Edited by 02_Elantra on Feb 8, 2006 5:00 PM]

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got the Digimoto too. I have used it on two different cars (2000 Accent & 1999 Cougar). My Maf does register. Remember, It reads the sensors the car has. The 1999 Couger lights up a lot more than the Accent. I was dissappointed in the lack of manuals and instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts