Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have searched around and not been able to find an answer to my question, I have an Australian X3 Excell 2000 Model With the 1.5L TwinCam engine. I have located the Diagnostics connector and Connected a OBD2 Scan Tool that connects to a conputer and uses the ELM327 Chip and I can get the power LED to light up, the computer can talk to the scantool just fine but the scan tool says its unable to connect to the ECU. Its behaving like my ECU does not support OBD2 so I was wondering if I could get a definitive yes or no as to weather the Aussie X3 Excells Support OBD2 like the X3 Accents to in the America or am I just wasting my time here.

Thanks,

Peter.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Not sure if this will help but any car 96 or newer in the states had to be obd2. If you have an obd2 plug then I would bet that it is obd2.

·
Registered
147 Posts
try turning the key to the ON position lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Worries I would love to see a post from someone out here who has done it I have a mate who works at a garage he said I can try his tool on it. I'll give that a go during the week and see what happens. By the way which protocol do these cars use?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi seeing as you an Aussie why not join up to the National Hyundai car club Hyper...
Hyper Auto Club • Index page
Hyper Auto Club

Sign up and post in the intro thread, make sure you tell us what state your in...
We have members all over Aus, all very friendly and willing to help each other out...

I was fairly sure that the X3 Excel was OBD2 but as i own a '00 LC i'm not sure...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
99 Posts
first things first
join hyper australia :D
then connect the OBD2 scan tool and then turn the key to the ON position

should work then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts