Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I maxed her out. I had miles and miles of road. There is alot of sound from a bad door seal but i got her up to 152mph. She will not go any faster. I dint hit any type of limiter it just dint go any faster. (note: I had to manually shift from 4th to 5th other wise it hit the rev limited in 4th gear at redline)
Here is the link:
Video of sonata152mph - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Thats fast for sure. I didnt have the balls to take my beta accent (loaded with tools and subs) above 130 (so the speedo said) but it felt like she had some more in her. This was with the stock intake and exhaust manifold installed on the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should try again with less weight

Only have the fuel tank below 1/4 full, don't have a passenger and maybe mount the camera on the passenger headrest and take any other bulky goods out of your car.

Also give it a good waxing or use a teflon based polish to reduce resistance.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LMAO that was funny. I think it may be drag limited. Just not enough power to push it any faster in 5th gear. I cruzed up to 145mph easy then slowed down when shifting into 5th. doubt wax will help haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, i have has mine up to 141 playing tag with an SM7 Here in Korea...kinda sucked I know I oculd have went faster but I have about 300LBS in the trunk and an exta passenger

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a stock 06 with an automatic triptronic an I have had it past 155. How many mils do you have on your car and when was the last time you did maintnance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a stock 06 with an automatic triptronic an I have had it past 155. How many mils do you have on your car and when was the last time you did maintnance?
I call bullshit. plz take a vid of u doing this! I really doubt u got it going 155mph. my car had 36k on it when i did this and its not 100% stock

·
Registered
27 Posts
mine has 37,000 and isn't a pile of crap. your probably going slower than stck because you didn't do something right when you modded it. That or you just suck t driving. Oh and before you go on your little tangent about how I dont know what I am talking about... I have been building and racing cars for about nine years. I am more than qualified and I think I could build anything better than you could.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine has 37,000 and isn't a pile of crap. your probably going slower than stck because you didn't do something right when you modded it. That or you just suck t driving. Oh and before you go on your little tangent about how I dont know what I am talking about... I have been building and racing cars for about nine years. I am more than qualified and I think I could build anything better than you could.
Well i have at least 5 years on your nine plus a degree from UTI where my car dynoed a a 15 hp increase after mods. So yea u dont know what your doing. I do on the other hand. Get the vid to back up your words!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Once again I wish I could bitch slap people across the internet. All this over 3mph. This is pure retardation here.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yeah man, you should be pushing like at least 234MPH, you must really suck at driving an automatic, because really, only professionals know how to mash the gas hard enough to bet it past 200MPH...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
watch out people 15 hp. You got a vid of the Dyno since that is your favorite form of proof. By the way any vid can be modified.
As a matter of fact i do and I have apix of the dyno chart. I would love to send u the link 1st show me ur 155mph plus and i dont change my vids i dont have the programs to do so but thsi is a stupid argument come to PHX and well meet at the track.... I'll show u whats up. BTW I would love to see you make 15 Wheel HP increase with out having any type of after markets... all custom baby!

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
clearly you didn't look hard enough.

:KSPEC PERFORMANCE: KSPEC KDM Performance Center
::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community
www.sharkracing.com
Korean Auto Imports

all these have aftermarket parts for the sonata.

Also, I am not making a video of me going that fast because it is pointless to risk getting my car crushed over. I prefer legal racing and I am not taking my Hyundai (show car) on a track and risk wrecking it.
Please show me where in these sites they have any parts that will increase HP? Yet you had your show car 155+ lol yea all talk just like I thought!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
clearly you didn't look hard enough.

:KSPEC PERFORMANCE: KSPEC KDM Performance Center
::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community
www.sharkracing.com
Korean Auto Imports

all these have aftermarket parts for the sonata.

Also, I am not making a video of me going that fast because it is pointless to risk getting my car crushed over. I prefer legal racing and I am not taking my Hyundai (show car) on a track and risk wrecking it.
Clearly you are an idiot. Please show me where in these sites they have any parts that will increase HP?..... Yet you had your show car 155+ lol yea all talk just like I thought!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts