Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this yet?

I was looking at my engine this morning and it appears that the PCV valve is an integrated part and not removable. Short hose, maybe 6" from the valve returning to the intake.

Am I seeing things incorrectly or just looking at the wrong part?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Has anyone done this yet?

I was looking at my engine this morning and it appears that the PCV valve is an integrated part and not removable. Short hose, maybe 6" from the valve returning to the intake.

Am I seeing things incorrectly or just looking at the wrong part?
The PVC valve is on top of the valve cover and is removable. The older Elantra PVC valve unscrews. The HD may be the same way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehe.....I know the location of the PCV valve. Maybe mine is threaded in. When I tried to remove it (pulling) it was firmly intact. I will try twisting (Duh.....I didn't even consider that,) tomorrow when the car is in the garage.

On a side note. I took the car to the dealrship for oil change and inspection.
When I got home I further reviewed the Service R.O. and noticed that they had marked my front tires as having 2/32" tread depth and the rear at 6/32" tread.

Now if they were rotating my tires regularly should the tires be worn this badly? The car has 25,600 miles now. This seems to be irregular wear to me and maybe my constant complaints about the front end and the "pulling" all over the road are justified.

Comments?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Hehe.....I know the location of the PCV valve. Maybe mine is threaded in. When I tried to remove it (pulling) it was firmly intact. I will try twisting (Duh.....I didn't even consider that,) tomorrow when the car is in the garage.

On a side note. I took the car to the dealrship for oil change and inspection.
When I got home I further reviewed the Service R.O. and noticed that they had marked my front tires as having 2/32" tread depth and the rear at 6/32" tread.

Now if they were rotating my tires regularly should the tires be worn this badly? The car has 25,600 miles now. This seems to be irregular wear to me and maybe my constant complaints about the front end and the "pulling" all over the road are justified.

Comments?
It is not the front end that is pulling, it is the rear end. Remember my thread where I had a rear end squirm? The rear camber is the problem, and this is non-adjustable using the factory upper control arms. That is why I had to design the control arms I used. Interestingly, the same design is used on a Shark Racing upper control arm Shark Racing sells about the same price I paid for the Chrysler arms I modified.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember having the discussion about the poor suspension when I first got the car.

If I remember right you said that the control arms from SR have the wrong bushings for our cars.

I think it's time to start leaning on the dealership a little harder and get them to fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I remember having the discussion about the poor suspension when I first got the car.

If I remember right you said that the control arms from SR have the wrong bushings for our cars.

I think it's time to start leaning on the dealership a little harder and get them to fix the problem.
The dealer will not fix it because they can't. The problem is the factory upper control arm is a stamped steel rigid piece leaving camber adjustment out of the equation. The ONLY way is to get an adjustable arm. The SR arm is adjustable, but the bushing is identical to the stock bushing, which is weak. The SPC EZ Arm for the Chrysler Concord/LHS/300M does work, but a sleeve must be inserted in the bushing with the larger hole. The bushings on the SPC arm are much better than the SR arms. Cost is the same, but you need to use body washers as spacers between the crossmember and arm bushing to get it to clear the edge of the crossmember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts