Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Oil consumption on 4g63

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pucci 
#1 ·
Please could some one tell me if running a 4g63 with a intake and exhaust manifold
from a 1.8l 4g61 would affect the motor to push oil through the PCV valve pipe to intake
manifoild. the motor uses around 150ml per 500km.
:puzzled:

#2 ·
does the intake have a port for the fresh air hose? If it doesnt than thats the problem. Other than that it might be consuming oil some othe place, try replacing the pcv valve and see what happens.

#3 ·
The pcv will allow oil(mostly vapour) into the intake if driven hard(more oil the harder you go). Custom intake or not. However smooth metal encourages the vapour to form droplets on the inside, so don't be alarmed.

It's the whole reason they make catch cans :)

150ml per 500km is a 'little' high but not excessive. I've seen NEW cars use 1L per 1000km

[Edited by LunchieTey on Feb 4, 2006 12:43 AM]

#4 ·
The motor has only done about 8000km since it was redone(new pistons,rings and head redone). The motor appears to push the oil through the PCV valve through to the intake via the pipe attached.
I checked and cleaned the PCV valve when the motor was redone and it seemed to work properly.
My dad said that the problem could be caused by the piston rings, not seated properly because they are new?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.