Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I doubt oil temps would be 'high'. On a stock or somewhat stock engine you'll never have to worry about it, on a Turbocharged engine sometimes the temps get abit out of hand after long hard runs but again here we're not talking a setup with only 5-10lbs of boost making only 160hp either.

However because you asked the easiest way to do it is to get an 'oil filter sandwich' that goes between the block/filter, and you run two high pressure, high temp oil lines (with AN fittings) to an accessory oil cooler. Flex-a-lite sells one PN# FLX-3965 summitracing sells them for about 29bux and you can get a universal oil cooler kit for under $100

·
Registered
104 Posts
i read or heard that the temps for oil on these cars r very high.... plus someone else said that it desperetly needed a oil cooler... but.... i guess more for insurance
most people talk out of their asses when it comes to stuff like this in all honesty. How 'hot' is classified as 'very high'? with out actual numbers i dont believe ****. The type and brand of oil will also play with this factor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My car has a 1.5T and i have problems in summer with temperatures of oil constantly above 100c (to 115). It isn't toooo high bit it is good to have colder oil so it could cool down the pistons. BUT that is important on turbocharged car and not on n/a...

I bought a cooler kit from Permacool with the filter reallocation kit because i don't have room on the standard oil filter position...i didn't mount it yet but it will go under the right headlight... ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
My car has a 1.5T and i have problems in summer with temperatures of oil constantly above 100c (to 115). It isn't toooo high bit it is good to have colder oil so it could cool down the pistons. BUT that is important on turbocharged car and not on n/a...

I bought a cooler kit from Permacool with the filter reallocation kit because i don't have room on the standard oil filter position...i didn't mount it yet but it will go under the right headlight... ;)
in your case the oil temp is getting into the zone where it would be a good idea to start thinking about what your running for oil and adding a cooler. So that leaves the question, what oil do you run (Brand, weight, synth or dino oil?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts