Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do the oil feed and return lines have to be for a turbo 97 tibby fx? What thickness should they be as well? -3AN?

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Feed can be up to -4AN, depending on turbo. I use -3AN but some nutcases go all the way up to -6AN on a GT3076(redundant because the aperature is essentially 2mm w/o restrictor) With -3/-4 the feed line can be pretty long. The return line however should be short, so tap the front of the sump and weld in an -12AN bung and use a 90deg. fitting OR, weld in a 90deg. bend+flange and use straight -12 braided line.

BTW, I dunno about the Earl's stuff and what sizes they supply but Speedflow only makes the braided rubber/inner steel braid hose in -4, and the teflon hose is availible in both -3/-4 IIRC. For turbo oil feed I'd go with the sturdier one, which is the double-braid(altough -3 silicon line has been used o problem)

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
If you can't weld m8 its better to take the sump to the machine shop. The sump will need to come off anyhow to be fitted with the bung and/or tapped. If you're using a low-mount manifold you basically follow the same oil path as Evo's.

You basically want to try and return the oil above the maximum oil line so that drainback is assisted by gravity and there isn't resistence caused by turbulent oil in the crankcase(that may very well cause reversion under braking since the oil surges to the front of the sump in that situation) since you'll be using the front of the sump to run your return line.

No, I don't have pics. You'll have to research the best return position for yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts