Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night i wanted to see what my car could do. So i redlined it pretty much till i got in forth then i went to 75 and put it in fifth. So im crusing down the road and i slow down andtook a turn and hit a little snow on the back tires while sliding around the turn and it bumped the car up in that 1 sec the oil light came on and the car acted like it was going to die, u know when u like almost kill it, but then i straightened it out and the light whent off, so i checked the oil which was perfect with full synthetic, and the light has never came on at all before this. It was only on for a sec but i was just wondering if i tripped a sensor or if something else is wrong. What u guys think it could be?

·
Registered
737 Posts
my oil pressure light will flicker during autox's

the stock pan isn't baffled for high g's so you might see that light every once in awhile.

as long as you have enough oil in the pan you should be fine. I haven't had any problems with spun bearings because of lack of oil pressure. Hopefully i'll never any problems.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You will be fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I installed an oil pressure gauge in mine and it never dropped below somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-45 psi during driving as far as I remember. These values will be higher than yours as I ran an oil-cooler in mine. I drove it like a nut too. If you have any concerns or plan to drive it hard, install an oil cooler, and use 10W40 dino oil. Car should have no problems afterwards if it ever did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts