Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so.... my exhaust got really loud hence the exhaust title. And im not sure if i just want to replace just the one part that has the mesh over the coils idk what its called but its like a little bit up from the pipe off the converter. I really want to do my own exhaust but isnt there valves that get in the way? because my check engine light came on for the output speed senser and the o2 front valve

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
So there's a hole in your flex pipe? The part that looks like braided steel tubing inder the car?

There are no valves in the exhaust...the exhaust (and intake) valves are in the head. The O2 sensor code could be because of an exhaust leak but the VSS code will be unrelated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok heres what ima do im going to go out there in a about 10 mins and take pics, sense vids never work for me and explain :) but i also got another problem my engine seems like its running real hot lately any suggestions why? and also for the short ram what would happen if i added on to my short ram to run it into the pocket down under by where the fog lights holes are but still kept the original piping and tube that connects from the intake to the back of the engine? also i want to build my own exhaust how would i go by doing so? would i need to get a flange to run off the cat to get bigger piping?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanx 4 all your help

ok here they are they have discriptions too

ok this is where the noise is coming from.....

And you can see the exhaust fumed its coming more from the back part of it going towards the back end of the car. You can see the little tube that i am talking about there it looks like its plugged into the exhaust.

This is the thing i was talking about is that a valve that is plugged into the exhaust?

Ok now thats a little ahead of where my exhaust leak is coming from i thought maybe that was a valve?

Obviously you know what this is heat shield but what is that plugged into it?

ok just under that cord is a rusty bolt if it is stripped how do i go by getting that off? because i want to clean my headers and stuff when i replace my valve cover gasket because oil dripped down there. And is that a valve?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Ok, the place where the noise is coming from is the flex pipe. You can get that fixed for under $100 at any local exhaust shop. That leak is probably what's causeing your O2 sensor code.

The "pipe" looking thing plugged into the exhaust is your 2nd O2 sensor. The thing plugged into your exhaust manifold through the heat shield is your first O2 sensor. There are no valves anywhere in your exhaust system. Your exhaust valves are contained within the engine's head and they're almost certainly not giving you any problems.

As far as running a tube down to behind your fog light hole for your air intake that would be fine. Just be sure that you have a filter on the end of it.

Building your own exhaust system is not that easy for a beginner. I suggest you take it to a shop and have it done. To get your flex pipe fixed and have new pipe installed from the catalytic converter back and a decent canister muffler you're probably looking at between $200 and $300. It's hard to do at home because you have to either be able to bend the pipe yourself or you'll need to buy bends then cut and weld them into the proper positions. It's not impossible, but it is difficult to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well....

i want a rice can so in order to do that ima need bigger piping :( so i will have to bring it to the shop then huh!!! and as far as replacing that sensor should i wait until i have the stuff replaced?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts