Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to my girlfriend's last night in my 99 Elantra wagon (I/E mods), this mid-90's Accord with a giant aluminum wing hops on my ass, then does a ricer flyby to show off to his friends in the car. There's a red light up ahead, so I start slowing down, hoping to catch the change. This guy slows down right alongside me, until both of us are rolling at 15 mph. We were the only 2 cars on the road, so I decide to punch it as the light changes. I bounce the engine off the rev limiter (DOH!!!:mad: ), but still get second in time to pull a car length on him by 60, when I eased off. After that, he drops in behind me, and doesn't attempt any more ricer stuff. My first kill, and glad it put a local ricer in his place.:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
haha amatuers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn right I am, and proud of it!

·
Registered
453 Posts
actually I meant the "ricer" but it's cool

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going up against a car that's stock-looking, such as mine, is a grab bag. Sometimes the ricer gets lucky, other times he gets killed.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Everyone underestimates the Elantra. Hence why i love mine to death. Nice kill, and smart to keep it under 60ish. I usually get on people who brag about kills on this site, but this wasnt a street race, i consider it more like "playing".

Nonetheless, Elantra FTW everytime.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A sprint to 60 is long enough to see what each car can do.

I about never race. This is the one time in every two blue moons I'll do something like this. This guy was tight on my tail for a while, then damn near clipped my bumper when he passed me. Arrogance like that needs to be cut down every so often. Maybe that guy will sell his wing for an intake.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
60 is not good enough to show what a car can do, ever raced a car that wooped your ass until the frontal area wooped the car you were racing around 75 -80ish.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never raced anybody before this. Outgunning idiots on the freeway doesn't count. And most street cars on 1/8 mile drag strips get up to about 60, so it's an okay measure in my book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts