Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay bretton/scrood. it's getin on six weeks now, and if i dont have it back by tomorrow im gona have a towie down there to take it somewhere else!
are you guys up to a manual conversion? if so, how much approx?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Im sure they could as they have done one already for another LC car which met an unfortunate but unrelated death. If you want a price prolly best to give them a quick call.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i think i misread your post, i will just clarify for my own insight, Bretton/Scrood/PSC havent had your car for 6 weeks, another mechanic has?

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
[email protected], some [email protected] had my car for six weeks too, don't give them any warning or they'll pull more BS out of their arses, like sending parts away for "processing" so that you can't recover the complete car. I would suggest seeking your legal rights and speaking with a solicitor before acting though, acting before learning my rights has caused the legal process to stall somewhat, and proceedings have only just been lodged. The solicitor should advise you on what to say and do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry somefreak, i can see how it can be taken two ways, but lukily im pretty sure everybody knows that im not talkin about PSC, [where i should have just gone in the first place]

·
Registered
846 Posts
thats just for labour right oblivo? sas quoted me $1700 just for labour.
most important i need to know if psc can do it coz they are just about the only place i trust any more.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi Wired_One

A large portion of the cost of an Accent gearbox swap will be the gearbox and driveshafts themself.

The parts you will need are:
- gearbox
- flywheel
- clutch kit
- driveshafts
- gear shifter
- shifter cables
- centre console surround
- starter motor
- clutch pedal
- clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and clutch lines

The Accent manual gearbox will fit in pretty easily, and the Coupe/Lantra box has also been fitted to a few Accent's that we know of. Allow 2-3 days to complete the swap, plus what ever it costs to source a suitable gearbox, flywheel, clutch and driveshafts.

Cheers

Bretton
www.PerformanceStylingCentre.com.au

1 - 9 of 9 Posts