Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my car:

I want to put some nice rims on it, I'm stuck between either black with chrome lip or just chrome.

Its gonna be 17' and 5 spoke, I just don't know what would look better, chrome rims or black with chrome lip.

Which one do you think would look better? I need some opinions, I can't make up my mind lol.

I went to the tire place and they put the wheels I wanted on to see if I liked them. Heres what they looked like:

Heres with the black:

Heres with the Chrome (but same 5 spoke design as above, just chrome):

Thanks for the opinions guys.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
what's wrong with the one's you have on the car?

they're better quality than those chinese made wheels and are hubcentric from the factory and weigh less than those aftermarket rims..

·
Registered
687 Posts
Being purely honest...

The rims you have on are far far far better looking than the ones you have on right now... Tak's right w/the fact that the ones you're looking at are cheap, and prolly weigh a ton. The Black w/chrome looks tacky unless it's anodized black like Enkies or Volks. Save up some money, and get yourself some nice 6 spoke Racing Harts. They're high quality, light, and look gorgeous.

Howie~

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea the first thing I that stuck out as sexy on your car is how nice the stock rims look on it. I would agree with asian over here. Save your money for ultra light rims. But personally i think the black with chrome lip looks better. it looks sportier but chrome looks a bit more PIMP as some would say. chrome looks nice on a white car i think.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
if you want rims on your car, then get some good wheels from well known name brands like rota or kazera bbs.

aftermarket wheels also have very tight lug nut holes, a special thin-wall socket has to be used everytime to rotate mount or balance your wheels,

oem wheels also have a better impact resistance to potholes since they're made of aluminum alloy which is hard and won't warp like the aftermarket cheap imported wheels..

if you still want custom wheels on a budget, go ahead..your car will be significantly slower, stop slower and will have to deal with unsprung weight and will be prone to theft and the special wheel lug's are prone to being rounded out if a tire tech gets to rough with the impact

last but not least..i've noticed that alot of company's are selling cheap oversize crome and black/lip wheels
and i'm not just talking speed shops or pep boys..
i'm talking furniture stores, I/C/E Shops and pawn shops..

these cheap wheels may seem like a bargain but their quality is inferior to the tested and proven oem spec wheels from the factory...

be smart and keep your stock wheels..they're better than the aftermarket 17's..

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Crome wheels are tacky as hell.. dont plaese.. never.

Yeah, i agree with everyone else on here, the stockers look sweet. Why not just powder coat them say.. subie gold? That i think would look pretty sweet with a white car.

Black would look like you got your stockers stolen and you got the wheels from the local chop shop

Crome would look like you want to be a ganster but couldnt afford big enough wheels.

Not good...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Gold wheels do get me a little excited, I can't deny that. Go for the gold... literally. Both the chrome and black wheels shown above seem to lack class.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Whats wheels that you think would look nice on my car? And the good name brands that won't bend, light, good quality, etc?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts