Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious... the heat shield at the top part of my cat (the one that surrounds the O2 sensor) has completely separated from the 3 bolts on the cat.

I'm a little nervous that the loose shield might damage the O2 sensor. Would there be any issues if I removed it or am I better off leaving it in place?

Thanks...

·
Registered
686 Posts
it will make your engine bay a lot hotter, hotter = not good?

·
Registered
502 Posts
if you cant keep it stuck on then take it off everything will be fine but like he said a lot hotter engine bay, unless u got something to do about the heat you could be causing yourself some heat soak.

I took mine off because of the same reason and yeah it was hot, but then I put hood spacers on and it was all better. :D
never thought hood spacers would help that much but apparently they do.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i've heard hood spacers arent too safe tho, like in a front end collision the hood = guillotine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
mabe more chance of that happening if you ad a hood spacer, but think about it in a front end impact what would need to happen for the hood to do that sounds rediculous.

first what would happen that the impact would be sever enough to rip the hood from the bolts. (mabe)

Second if the hood is ripped from the bolts it is a peice of loose metal, able to move up and down freely. (sure)

third what would need to happen is the hood, being a free moving part can sudenly lock itself into place, and be hard enough to not bend in the colition and have just enough power to shater the windsheild and get your head. (not likley)

the more likley thing that would happen is the hood would be ripped from the bolts and go over the windsheild because all the G forces forcing the car to a suden stop effects everything on and in the car. as you might know a sudden stop ussually causes everything to fly forward.

are you convinced or should i write an essay about it?

and if your wondering, yes I am the guy that ruins movies by saying that things will never happen like that. lol :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
mabe more chance of that happening if you ad a hood spacer, but think about it in a front end impact what would need to happen for the hood to do that sounds rediculous.

first what would happen that the impact would be sever enough to rip the hood from the bolts. (mabe)

Second if the hood is ripped from the bolts it is a peice of loose metal, able to move up and down freely. (sure)

third what would need to happen is the hood, being a free moving part can sudenly lock itself into place, and be hard enough to not bend in the colition and have just enough power to shater the windsheild and get your head. (not likley)

the more likley thing that would happen is the hood would be ripped from the bolts and go over the windsheild because all the G forces forcing the car to a suden stop effects everything on and in the car. as you might know a sudden stop ussually causes everything to fly forward.

are you convinced or should i write an essay about it?

and if your wondering, yes I am the guy that ruins movies by saying that things will never happen like that. lol :D
Off topic but, have you seen Final Destination? LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think It wouldn't be any hotter than running a header.:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Off topic but, have you seen Final Destination? LOL
lol i have and it was preaty funny but realism dose not play a part even once in that movie.
gota love the busses that just come from nowhere tho lol, the driver must not car to much to even touch the brakes or horn lol.

anyway
yeah and I think its about the same heat as running headers, if you take out the heat sheild.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts