Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is the second time I've had my 06 Accent into the dealer for poor fuel mileage and excessive play in the steering.

Gas mileage is horrid and I have blook soot in the tailpipe.. classic sign of running rich. Also, it has what sounds like a loud sucking noise in the are of the intake manifold.. just under the plenum. Annd.. when you rev it then let fof the gas, when the revs almost reach idle, the thing stumbles and there's a bit of a chirping moaning noise. Also, no codes.

As for the steering, there's a huge dead spot where you feel nothing then you feel a click when you move the wheel back and forth.. nromal feel.. nothing.. then click.. left and right. Plus when you're certering the wheel after turning left the whell oscialltes back and forth a few times.

At my regualr garage they told me the gears in the rack aren't meshing together properly.. could be adjustable, some racks are.. may not be. And it sounds like a leak in the intake.. possibly the gasket.

I bought the $1600 extended warranty wihen I bought the car in November.. used with 21k kms on it.. it has 31k now. It seems to me the dealer is trying to avoid doing warranty work. They're happy to take my money for the warranty.. but not so happy doing work under it.

So, does anyone know of a good dealer in the Ottawa area? The one I'm going to now.. where I bought the car.. is Bank Strret Hyundai.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
What fuel mileage are you getting for what types of driving?

How big of a dead spot do you have in the center of your steering?

The IAC in the throttle body makes a sucking noise. Is it possible that the noise is coming from the throttle body area? Or is it for sure coming from the underside of the intake manifold? You might be able to locate the source of the noise (should be able to) and rub your hand around on things to find it if it's a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What fuel mileage are you getting for what types of driving?

How big of a dead spot do you have in the center of your steering?

The IAC in the throttle body makes a sucking noise. Is it possible that the noise is coming from the throttle body area? Or is it for sure coming from the underside of the intake manifold? You might be able to locate the source of the noise (should be able to) and rub your hand around on things to find it if it's a vacuum leak.

Low 20s mixed city/hwy. When I first got the car it got me low 30s for the same kind of driving. I took it on a trip to Chicago.. got mid 40s hwy.. got back and the gas mileage started sucking.

Play is 1/2 to 3/4s of an inch. More to the left than the right. They did replace the right hand axle when I first got the car and compalined about it.. but that did nothing. Gawd I hate the bad bump steer. :p

Had it my own garage and couldn't find anything.. just that it sounded like almost an intake gasket leak. And the noise after you rev it sounds like a bloody turbo wastegate going off.. but only when it comes to almost idle.. and the engine stumbles a touch when that happens.

Thank you for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts