Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi I have an x3 1.5l sohc auto trani. A few weeks ago I went to go to work and I had no overdrive. This has happened to me before but when going home the car was fine, well this time it wasnt so I started wiggling the shifter handle back and forthand I would intermittently have O/D. So since I have had a faulty shift interlock solenoid for the past year and a half and have to stick a pen in the overide every time i want to shift out of park , I decided to remove the center consel which came off pretty easily. I could not figure out how to remove shifter handle. So i went and diaged the shift interlock as faulty (no problem $30.00 part and about 10 minutes which I will do at a later date). Anyways now after [email protected]#$% around with the shifter I now have no overdrive at all. If I understand the diagram properly from hmaservice.com then it is a 3 wire switch and with O/D on pin 1 & 2 are connected and with O/D off pins 1 & 3 are connected (go to hmaservice.com , sign in, go to Model X3, Year 1998, Engine 1.5l SOHC, then go to Shop, Transaxle/transmission, scroll down to Automatic Transaxle Shift Control, select Inspection then right there on top it has the continuity check for the O/D switch). Someone please tell me if I can just get a 2 gang switch and have the number 1 pin as common and pin 2 & 3 on the oppsoite end of the switch. Also canb someone tell me how to remove the shifter handle, I know of the screw towards the dash and some one said in a previous post about having to push the shifter down which I tried with no success.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts