Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it to beta swap it. Stand by for stock cheap parts ;) Need to figure out two things

1. How am I going to go about running the beta ecm on it. Swap the entire harness or screw with the pinout of the stock harness

and

2. sell the engine and head together or be nice and break it down so someone with a turbo project that wants to redo the head has less down time. :confused: Ill figure that out once the engine is free of the car.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
So what Accent have you picked up?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
WytchDctr said:
Has anyone actually bought and installed that harness converter yet?
Personally I dont think it matters. They say it works. Id just go with it. Worst case scenario is you have to return it for a refund. They are pretty good about it. Besides i'm sure the beta swap was once in the same boat and we all know where that led.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i tried to use the alpha harness, but i've ended up having to run half of the wires myself.....and, not everythign is working right (ignition coils specifically) so i'm thinking of screwing the harness and running every engine component by hand straight to the ECU.

and if you go the route of redoing the ECU....get some leads on the Accent harness so you have more room to work with it. i think i'm going to lengthen mine to put it under the seat.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fintile said:
Personally I dont think it matters. They say it works. Id just go with it. Worst case scenario is you have to return it for a refund. They are pretty good about it. Besides i'm sure the beta swap was once in the same boat and we all know where that led.
I also see ads saying that turbinators work, jk. I get what you are saying, but I would rather not waste my time R&Ding something for someone when I am having to pay for it. Also that thing is 230 dollars.. when I could in theory repin the connection with a little time and patience for a fraction of the price. Unlike some people I don't have a crap load of money to drop into this thing... That is one of the big reasons I plan on running spray instead of doing what I would love to do and going boost. Wires don't scare me.. I've had to deal with a lot worse at my old job in terms of complexity of wiring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts