Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have not been able to get rid of this "nag" code for 12 months. Plates expired and obviously won't pass emmisions with open code. The fuel pump relay tests good This is only test I have made as I can't locate ground wire supposedly somewhere in side panel or any other part of this shut off circuit. No problems with starting,, etc. Problably not related but noticed about 12 months ago same time as some hesitation codes croped up due to extremely otld plugs - plugs replaced and running like a champ again. Clearing P0215 code does no good, as it just comes back on. Could find little info on internet about circuit, parts, tips, etc? Any help greatly appreciated.

law will eventually catch up with me -- just found out cops suspended pulling people over for expired plates during covid, but will be ticketing starting tomorrow.

also, about a year ago engine overheated, not dangerously, but was low on coolant, so maybe high heat simiulated accident/fire throwing this shut-oof code -is there a reset button ?

NO CLUE REALLY, JUST THROWING DARTS IN THE DARK ?????

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's sending a code that the fuel pump shut off?? But the fuel pump has not shut off and the car runs just fine?? I still don't understand your problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got a 2003 Elantra with 235,000 mi on it. Worked just fine till I ran it low on coolant and overheated it and seized the rings. Where are you? I'm in Oregon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's sending a code that the fuel pump shut off?? But the fuel pump has not shut off and the car runs just fine?? I still don't understand your problem.
"P0215 Fuel shut-off solenoid circuit malfunction" is the exact code being thrown.
The selenoid tested good. I replaced the starter cause about a month ago it would not start. Have not had any starting problems since but I am unable to get ride of this bleeping code -- "P0215 Fuel shut-off solenoid circuit malfunction"
Any help on testing this circuit would be greatly appreciated.

427troy, I also was low on coolant once and the hot gauge was going up too high. I did that trick to keep engine from overheating. The trick is (turn on heater to maxium temp and turn heater fan on maximum). It really works, as I could see the temp gauge dropping back in the normal range. This happened in the midwest in the middle of summer 90+ degrees driving on the interstate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts