Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Elantra (03/04) has recently been broken down, unable to start the engine, battery is ok! After a mechanic helped to check on the system by software scanner, below item popped up:

P0443 EVAP system purge valve

Could anyone advise what is going on with my car? Does the purge valve really cause the symptom that I've stated? Or it could be any other failure possible? I was suspecting my fuel pump is not working as I've encountered once few months ago.

Besides, how much does the purge valve cost?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just replaced one on my 99 Accent. It was located under the fuse box near the battery. It was an easy job. It cost about $27 from Rockauto.com. My purge valve was stuck open and it did not affect starting although it did seem to make the engine idle a little rough on occasion. It did make the check engine light come on with that code. Make sure that you have a spark and then check if you can smell unburnt gas coming out of the tail pipe. This will tell you if the pump is working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have this hyundia elantra 2010 but am finding it hard to locate the Purge valve I have an error code of p0444 any one to assist if possible with pictures of where it located
I have attached a picture of the engine

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts