Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm two parts away from getting the turbo kit together for my 1.6l 07 Accent SE. Fuel pump and fuel injectors. Can anyone tell me what Walbro in tank pump will fir in the stock location, and which type of fuel injectors will physically fit in place of stock..I'm pretty sure I'll have to use pigtails for the injector connectors. I don't want to pull the car apart right now unless I absolutely have to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'll be using a Walbro 255 and 400cc injectors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wound up getting a set of 360cc drop in injectors from Next Generation Motorsports, they also have a fuel pump available that should also be drop in. Thanks for the suggestion about the Ford Injectors, I was still uncertain about having to use spacers on the rail or pigtails.

Any suggestions on what port on the head I can use for the turbo oil feed line?

·
Registered
125 Posts
On my 02 Accent we just teed off the oil sending unit found right on the front of the block. Just checked your CarDomain, looks fuggen mean so far!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wound up getting a set of 360cc drop in injectors from Next Generation Motorsports, they also have a fuel pump available that should also be drop in. Thanks for the suggestion about the Ford Injectors, I was still uncertain about having to use spacers on the rail or pigtails.

Any suggestions on what port on the head I can use for the turbo oil feed line?

like biggie said, tee off the oil pressure sending unit on the front right side of the block, the fitting is 1/8" NPT thread. run a -3 or -4 feed line (no restrictor) and a good -10 or 12 drain into the top of the oil pan.

as for a fuel pump. I wouldnt bother with intank stuff myself unless you dont like the noise from an inline pump. But you'll be SOL with out converting to a return fuel system regardless IMO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice..Didn't think I would get replies so quickly..I purchased a sandwich plate adapter so I can get the turbo feed and gauge right from that.

Justin, I'm curious why you feel it would be necessary to convert to a return system? The NGM supercharger kits running on Betas available on that site are making serious power and still using a returnless setup and for certain horsepower levels the stock fuel pumps are adequate.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the advice..Didn't think I would get replies so quickly..I purchased a sandwich plate adapter so I can get the turbo feed and gauge right from that.

Justin, I'm curious why you feel it would be necessary to convert to a return system? The NGM supercharger kits running on Betas available on that site are making serious power and still using a returnless setup and for certain horsepower levels the stock fuel pumps are adequate.
I wouldnt take the stock pump over 200whp but thats just me. To control a bigger higher flowing pump its going to take a return fuel system, they are more efficient, easier on pumps and less likely to lean out under a large demand system.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i got a 255lph intank pump

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Anyone know what the stock injector size is on an 07 Accent? Cant seem to find it on HMAservice. Seem to remember someone saying 190cc, but I need to be sure.

Did some digging and they seem to be 190cc, oddly they are the same injectors used on the 2.7l Tib. Now once I get my intake spacer I can swap injectors and send the originals back for my core refund.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
glad you got some injectors but seriously the ford racing require no pigtail no nothing they are direct replacement. probably would have been cheaper especially if we halfed a v8 set. That sandwich plate adapter will work perfectly same thing im running and it has a bunch of ports for other things if needed. You should run some golder plugs too just to help be on the safer side. Im not quite sure about fuel managment with a returnless system but i suppose you could run some kind of piggyback controller the best probably being the AEM FIC. I guess that could almost eliminate the probs with the returnless system, not being able to adjust fuel pressure and such

1 - 12 of 12 Posts