Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, the front wheel on the passenger side won't come off! I'm trying to do the brakes while my car's down, to no avail. The centre of the wheel is seized onto the hub. I tried PB Blaster, and that didn't work. I'm getting frustrated (typical day of working on a car; getting less and less, though). I also want to install my 17" ADR Interspeed's on my Tibby, but can't until I get the factory wheel off. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Take a 5 pound sledge hammer and hit the wheel from the inside and rotate the wheel after each hit.

·
Registered
2000 model Hyundai Lantra GLS 2.0 (G4GF) factory 5 speed manual. Fully optioned. Most things work...
63 Posts
I faced this problem with a friends' Kia Cerato Sport. DO NOT MASH THE INSIDE OF THE RIM WITH A MALLET. Use an offcut of timber and rest it across the inner side of the wheel and hit the timber with the mallet to distribute the force of impact and rotate the wheel to massage it off the hub (It looked like salt had fused the wheel to the hub) Give the hub face a shot of white lithium grease spray to prevent the wheel from freezing onto the hub so it can be removed with less effort next time. BTW wheel nuts are M12x1.5mm (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts