Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some dude that i work with was telling me how horrible our Hyundai's are. he was blabbing on about how much they blow and they don't last long and something always goes wrong with them. but **** always goes wrong with cars no matter what you have..thats what fun about it. what would we do if there was nothing to fix or make better. o well, he'll be happy when he finally gets off work and sees that his civic is sittin on rims.
haha

·
Registered
860 Posts
Screw them! I laugh when people talk bout my car cuz half the time they either have no car or their car is in worse shape than mine! So what if something breaks on your car especially ours (the rds) they're like 10 years old!

Its funny too that he drives a civic I have started to find out a bunch of stuff lately about hondas compared to hyundais and all the stuff we can do to our cars without having to make rediculous upgrades (like turbo kits and ecus and such) a friend of mine has a hatchback 91 civic and hes always telling me how Im gonna have to do all these things to my car in order for me to turbo it or put a new engine in from oh say an elantra instead of the tib and he thinks that its all the same as a honda but come to find out mostly everything from the same years elantras as our tibs are interchangeable and you dont have to do any upgrades at all!

He actually told me that if I turbo my 97 tib I would have to get a new engine in about a year...but if I only want like 5psi I dont really have to do anything except get bigger fuel injectors, than he thought I would need a different ecu if I got my new engine from an elantra and come to find out from wilburisthecoolest (wilbur or nick) I dont have to change a thing cuz its all the same wiring setup!! LOL!! So forget him, hes an idiot if he thinks that hondas are better, yeah their parts are cheaper but they break more than the tibs or the hyundais parts for that matter!! Just show him up and beat his ass on the track!! :D:cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah I used to get so much crap from Honda guys at my work, or my old work. One guy went as far to tell me that to get rid of the CEL I needed to get a chip from and honda and trick my car into thinking it was a Honda and then I wouldn't have to worry about the CEL because Hondas never throw CELs. LOL I told the hubby and wilbur about that. They both laughed their asses off. Its funny how little people acutally know. Oh, yeah, he also tried to tell me that I didn't have a cold air intake and that it was just an extended in take. What a douche!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
The last person that seriously mocked my car stopped years ago.

He made a comment about how he was gonna put a b16 in a 10 yr. old civic and it would be fast, not like my car.

I reminded him that my bike was still faster than his dream car. When he started being insulting, I reminded him:
  • that I rode a paid off motorcycle that was a year old
  • that I drove an soon to be paid off car that was less than a year old
  • then I asked him who he'd gotten a ride to the party with and asked why he didn't have a car
:D

Since then, I've taken him offroading, and he is amazed with my car.:cool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hahahaha....thats funny I know for a fact that Hondas throw CEL...just ask the ex and he can tell you...he had a CEL on for months till he figured it out that it was a misfire code and fixed it!! LOL!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Hahahaha....thats funny I know for a fact that Hondas throw CEL...just ask the ex and he can tell you...he had a CEL on for months till he figured it out that it was a misfire code and fixed it!! LOL!!:eek:
How do you drive for months with a misfire and NOT know it...

ugh..

·
Registered
860 Posts
How do you drive for months with a misfire and NOT know it...

ugh..
He couldnt drive it! It couldnt even start till he figured it out! The code was for a wrong firing sequence cuz the spark plug wires were in the wrong order so it wouldnt even start up!! LOL!!:D

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok so you know whats crazy funny..i met up with that guy at work with the civic right? well he was like...some *** alashed my tires..i acted like i knew nothing so he bought 4 all new tires......
funny part...
i didnt even slash them..i just let all the air out with this handy little tool i made...dumb ass thought he got em slashed and bought 4 new ones

typical honda driver

bleh

·
Registered
860 Posts
ok so you know whats crazy funny..i met up with that guy at work with the civic right? well he was like...some *** alashed my tires..i acted like i knew nothing so he bought 4 all new tires......
funny part...
i didnt even slash them..i just let all the air out with this handy little tool i made...dumb ass thought he got em slashed and bought 4 new ones

typical honda driver

bleh
LMFAO!!!! Dumbass!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts