Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my seat belt on everytime I get in the car, it gets stuck on the Lumbar support handle! Which is quite a small, but constant annoyance. To have to put my seatbelt on now with two hands and turn sideways to cover the lumbar handle with one hand and then slide the belt between the handle and the door (a tiny area) with the other hand. Argh.

It's a really stupid design flaw to have that handle so high up on the seat and in the direct path of the belt.

I drive a '03 6spd tib with leather buckets... I wonder if they ever moved the handle in newer models or if it's an issue with anyone besides me?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have an accent and when I take the belt off it gets caught underneath that handle which sometimes gets on my nerves. I'm thinking seatbelts just get caught on them...

·
Registered
464 Posts
My shoulders are as wide as my seat, so I have to turn sideways just to grab the seatbelt.

Reposition the seat forward/backwards or recline/incline it a notch or 2. If it's catching on a sharp piece (as opposed to snagging on the whole lever) shave off the sharp bit

If you don't use the adjustment, maybe consider taking it off?

·
Registered
256 Posts
you could allways just get a black piece of duck tape and cover the handle so that you don't have the gap that the belt gets stuck in. i have the same car and i have never had problems with that but it all depends on where the seat is positioned

1 - 4 of 4 Posts