Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Very cool! What other cars are in your class and how do you usually do?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock 1.5 dohc with Sonata header
Bilsteins fabbed in with coil overs
2.5 CAI
Brake ducts
Working on a Beta TB app.
Got a new MOMO seat and wheel coming.

Cars in my class vary.GT3 is a catch all class for cars that don't fit other categories. last year had a rx7 and a nissan 240 but they were unreliable which is the key. This year .. we'll see !

·
Registered
147 Posts
unreliable a nissian 240?????? im sure the rotary powered rx7 was but a nissian 240

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Where did you source the Bilsteins, and are they an accent application or from another vehicle? Are they rebuildable like the HD's, or are they the TC models? Sleeves or threaded bodies?

Also, have you had any issues with pushing oil out of the valve cover breather on hard right corners? My SOHC X3 would dump nearly a quart of oil out during an autocross run, as far as I could tell the oil drains in the head weren't big enough to cope with the g forces, allowing oil to pool up and shoot out of the breather tube..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unreliable a nissian 240?????? im sure the rotary powered rx7 was but a nissian 240

If you look at the link you can see the red nissan parked with smoke billowing from a thrown rod. the car is serioulsy tuned. it can turn a 1.17 wheras mine only does a 1.22. The guy who owns it is from the honda camp and has put it some hot crx engine for this season

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you source the Bilsteins, and are they an accent application or from another vehicle? Are they rebuildable like the HD's, or are they the TC models? Sleeves or threaded bodies?

Also, have you had any issues with pushing oil out of the valve cover breather on hard right corners? My SOHC X3 would dump nearly a quart of oil out during an autocross run, as far as I could tell the oil drains in the head weren't big enough to cope with the g forces, allowing oil to pool up and shoot out of the breather tube..
They were from a junked bmw. rebuibable with sleeves. I guess some guy bought 'em for his street bimmer and wrecked it.

Had to fab them in. They work great and no oil leakage issues.

The rear control arms have been replaced by tunable race suspension.
don't ask me to explain that one, it was done to the car before i bought it.

I have camber plates as well. everything else is pretty stock.
might have to figure out a way to lighten the car cuz i don't think there is much i can do to increase power reliably

1 - 12 of 12 Posts