Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a choice of getting a new tiburon or still want to hook it up my 2003 hyundai accent by my uncle because i have a 20th birthday coming up soon. I don't know if I want to get an engine swap to an 2.0L tibby engine and then turbo-charge it. Does anybody know if you still have the room for it? And if it does, do you get problems every now and then?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
get the damn tibby. u'll be able to go over 135 mph (if u planned on keepin accent tranny). the tib is better lookin with more body mods available with front and rear disc brakes. and if u get the v6, s/c it and its a beast. if u get the I4, turbo it and its still a beast w/out the hassle of storing an engine elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Go with the Beta swap...much better...and grim i dont think hes gettng a new car..hes just asking if he should do the beta swap or not.

·
Registered
508 Posts
look the fact is that if you buy a tiburon and put a turbo it will be fast but if you beta swap your accent and then turbo it you can kill a turbo tiburon any time. the difference is the weight, the accent will all was be faster. here in quebec there is a guy with a turbo accent and he can kill a porshe in 3 gear. here is link to his carhttp://public.fotki.com/CAQ/photos_des_membres/gsi/

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
point in blank. the accent is restrictive. he'd have to also put the beta tranny in it for any real speed. worry about clearance, sacrifice a/c, and deal with handling. the tib is an all around better car with less work to be done and easily made to look good. and its just better quality.

EDIT- beta swaps arent shyt unless u turbo it or build it internally. and ssraccent put a decent amount of money into his ride to get it that way, twice as much as just buying a tib and turbo would be. ssracent will have a hard time remaking the fab pieces if they break, such as axles, mounts, and others...

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 27, 2005 7:28 PM]

·
Registered
313 Posts
personally, i'd go new V6 6speed tiburon. fast and fun right out of the box, much more potential, and support in the aftermarket world, no trouble finding any part you want. its also, in my opinion, a better looking car that takes on apperance mods very well, instead of an accent where many, not all, visual parts look just plain odd on the little hatchback. there is quite a few great looking accents on here, no disrespect to anyone. also, the aftermarket dual exhaust kits sound A LOT meaner than most cars on the road.

[Edited by mtbiker124 on Nov 27, 2005 9:27 PM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]
point in blank. the accent is restrictive. he'd have to also put the beta tranny in it for any real speed. worry about clearance, sacrifice a/c, and deal with handling. the tib is an all around better car with less work to be done and easily made to look good. and its just better quality.

EDIT- beta swaps arent shyt unless u turbo it or build it internally. and ssraccent put a decent amount of money into his ride to get it that way, twice as much as just buying a tib and turbo would be. ssracent will have a hard time remaking the fab pieces if they break, such as axles, mounts, and others...

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 27, 2005 7:28 PM]
[/body]
yo man beta accent will all way kill tiburon 4cyl and mabe even v6 wit the 6 speed

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
^^ if the I4 tibby is stock yes it will. but the accent is swapped. if u put the money into a stock I4 tibby like u did the accent and there wouldnt be a chance. and a v6 tibby would still eat a swapped accent stock... so point in blank, u'd have to do something special to the beta while putting it into the acent for any real speed. if yu just throw in a stock beta, ur still gonna get eatin by other cars non swapped like rsx type s on the road, and they are bone stock...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
^^^Speaking of a RSX type s I raced one about 2 weeks ago, before I had the nitrous on and he just spanked me hard. That was the 1st race when we both started in 2nd, but the final race we started in 3rd and we were neck and neck, until he hit 4th gear and he was gone. I would not mind having a new Tibby.

·
Registered
508 Posts
^^^ what ever but all i can say accent95 has a way better accent than you will ever had?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, the fastest Drag hyundai on the planet is a beta swaped hyundai accent if you want to go all out drag racing go with the beta swap if you want good performance all around and the looks go with the tib. ;):

[Edited by SABA on Nov 28, 2005 5:01 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by anthonyfa18
[body]
^^^ what ever but all i can say accent95 has a way better accent than you will ever had?
[/body]
is that even correct english? when i had my beta swap, he wouldnt have touched me. He would have kept up with me in my 1.6 running nitrous. His times say everything. i ran a 15.2 with the 1.6 and 50 shot of nitrous and little mods. a shame your accent comes with a 1.5 factory, lol.

EDIT- give it up, the beta swap is decent its just not FAST. So we'll see where the swap gets you with a stock beta anthony... when u think ur the shyt on the road and get whopped by a STOCK, rsx type s, integra, or 350z or some shyt, ur gonna be like damn i need more speed. thats y i ditched my accent...

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 28, 2005 6:34 PM]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. If I was to get a tibby it would be a 2.7 L car. But I dont know about that because of my car insurance. If they are going to raise the price then, I think I might as well go with the 2.0 L Tibby. I really love my car, but I just wish that people would make more stuff for it like headlights, taillights, CAI, and a catback for the car.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by SABA
[body]
Hi, the fastest Drag hyundai on the planet is a beta swaped hyundai accent if you want to go all out drag racing go with the beta swap if you want good performance all around and the looks go with the tib. ;):

[Edited by SABA on Nov 28, 2005 5:01 PM]
[/body]
for drag, any car can be made to perform. street driven is a different story.

on another note though guys, tibs are geared higher for higher top speed and are aerodynamicly fit. the accent is gonna stop dead at 135 while the competitor is still pulling on you. i'd like to see an accent with a simple swap take an srt-4 period. not hang with, beat. again this is an old vid. but it proves everything, v6 tib with s/c owns...

http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=11

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
[body]and a v6 tibby would still eat a swapped accent stock[/body]
no it wont
:smoking:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts