Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Accent GT with a little over 31k miles. Never mistreated, and on the dot routine maintanence, yet I have the following problems.

1-Anytime the AC is working the car pings under acceleration.
2-When the car is cold (just started) it sounds like everything is loose inside the engine. If you rev it a little, and then let go of the gas it makes a rattleing sound. Once warm all these sounds stop.

Is this normal for the dohc 1.6? I took it to the dealer, and the guy says "all the 1.6's sound like they have excesive wear at start-up, bring it back when it does it while warm". Am I being anal or does this sound bad?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
i always have my windows open during the summer, so i never use my AC enough to notice any weird noises...plus i usually have my music up too loud anyway...;):

but i know exactly what you're talking about with the engine in cold weather...it almost sounds like a little crappy diesel, until it warms up. i hate that sound though...it kills me. it sounds like the engine is just killing itself...ha. i also took mine to my dealer, and they said for cold weather, it's completely normal, which i knew beforehand...my dad just thought it sounded a bit rough.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Originally posted by robcy
[body]
If you rev it a little, and then let go of the gas it makes a rattleing sound. Once warm all these sounds stop.

[/body]
I have a 3dr 05 accent gl...I took mine into the dealer also about the same things. everything is normal except what I quoted you on. it's not supposed to rattle when you rev it. does it also rattle when you push in the clutch? mine does. they said sence my motor only has 3k on it that it may just be "breaking in" but they also said that they think thats not the problem that its most likely the pilote bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts