Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I saw a few posts down about someone exercising and the pinkie gets numb and goes away... well its been a couple days and my pinkie is still numb. Its my left hand.. dont click the mouse w/ it. but anyways. If i take my finger and rub my elbow in a spot my pinkie will tweak (move on its own sorta like a reflex for the nerve). So I dont know if I should go to the doctor.... or just let it be and see if it fixes it self. Are there any massages or anything that I could do that would possibly help?

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Dec 30, 2005 10:50 PM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'm on 2 days w/ this problem.. seems to be a Ulnar nerve pinched or something. I'll prob end up seeing a doctor sometime today... lame ass body is falling apart. Kids.. dont drink soda all the time.. lol.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Most likely the ulnar nerve entrapment. Definately get in to see your physician and or Chiropractor or Physical Therapist. You'll most likely end up going to one of the latter two.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have an appt w/ a doc tomorrow at 10:40 or something. So i'll post the results.

5-6 days still pins and needles.. this sucks.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 3, 2006 12:47 PM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k, he prescribed me w/ Sulindac (inflamitory) and Methylprednisolone (some steroide I guess.. so i'll try this out.. we'll see.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Thanks for the update. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Keep me with the Updates too. I"ve find some excersices Online that helps relieve this numbness.. its working so far.. thank you Doc.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
show me the site..

I've finished my steroid medicine thing off.. its still a little numb/tingle.. but I can feel stuff a little more than I could. So i'm just going to wait it out see what happens.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Feb 10th.. still numb, but not as bad.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Sounds like it's time to consult with a chiropractor.

[Edited by Doc on Feb 13, 2006 12:08 PM]

·
Registered
59 Posts
What's your position at work? I bet you have a desk job, and you keep your left elbow on the desk and your chin in your left palm. If I'm right, you should stop doing that.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've quit leaning on my elbow for about to months..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problem, and my doctor (after examening me) told me that I had some nerv damage in the elbow region, and that I should stop leaning on it both at work and in the car . He also told me that many taxidrivers have this problem from driving with the window open and the elbow out.
My treatment was only with vitamins, B6 and another one, and after about o month or so the numbness faded.
Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts