Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mainly for the hell of it. I like driving fast, and I do plan on tracking the vehicle at some point. Just so you know, it tops at 155 according to manufacturer specs, and I've tested that on an open flat road using a gps to determine my speed and can attest that it actually tops at 153 (but it's close). The OEM tires are rated for 149MPH, so 153 isn't too much higher than the speed rating on the OEM tires, although I did quickly decelerate after determining the top speed so as to reduce the probability of having a tire malfunction. I wouldn't consider anything over 110 a safe speed in any vehicle on the street, and under most conditions anything over 90 isn't really safe. That said, having the speed available and occasionally being able to exercise it does increase the fun of vehicle ownership.

This may actually end up being an exercise in futility, because I'm looking at just buying a high-end sports car within the next year in addition to my Azera, although I'd have to track it only since the insurance premiums on the vehicle I'm looking at are outrageous.

I've Enjoyed this Thread only to realize it was so long ago... I have the 06 Azera limited 3.8l mpi and honestly it can reach 200 with some tuning and I'm almost there. Coilovers with cold air intake and fully opened exhaust and bigger fuel system and ported heads and intake manifold, transmission is stock still and I will be tuning it soon just don't have money at the moment ahaha new torque converter on the way and from what this car can do is honestly pretty insane and I know for sure it can do it... These cars are soooooo detuned it's crazy and extremely worth it. My car has 316000 miles and it runs very good and only run it on premium octane...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts