Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my valve covers, intake manifold, and manifold plenum for painting. After paint i put it all back together and tried to start my car and it ran like ****. Engine is sputtering badly, really loud popping, throwing black smoke from the exhaust. The maf was disconnected when i started it. i plugged it back in and same ****. I checked the obd2 and got a maf sensor trouble code. cleared out the code, tried again same ****. i'm going to check vacuum lines, spark plug connections, and fuel injectors. i kinda forced em in there hope i didn't break em. I'm also going to check to see if i left any kind of plug rag in the holes. Another thing could be the timing, but i didn't really move any thing other than putting my upper body weight on the heads.

If anybody can give me anymore ideas of what it could be and how to fix it i would be very appreciative. I would love to get my little beast back on the road sometime in the very near future. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Make sure you installed the MAF in the correct direction. There's an arrow indicating airflow direction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everything was masked right it think i got it though. i tried to cheat and re use the old valve cover seal and didn't put new rtv silicone on the corners. All my plugs are fowled out. i'll try to fix it when the parts come in tomorrow. i'll keep everyone posted when i'm finished. I'll put some pics up too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts