Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of rims/tires that I need to know if they will fit my 06' Elantra gls. The reciept shows 16x7 4-114 ET45 SE F7 Tire sizes are 195/55HR16 Du Winter Sportm3 87H

Please let me know if they will work before I go waste even more money to take them to a shop and have them tell me they don't fit or something.

thanks

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
If the bolt pattern (for the XD/XD2) is 4x114.3, they will fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean XD/XD2??? The bolt pattern on my car is 4/114.3 I was more worried about the offset. But what is XD/XD2?

·
Registered
3 Posts
although the tiresu have 195/55/R16 are close enough 2 the original diameter(.95% larger) i would go with wider 205/50/R16 which is even closer 2 the original diameter(.58% smaller) either way it's so close to the oiginal size that u won't get faulty readings on your speedometer and all else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the tires did fit, but since I've put them on I've lost about 50-60 miles per tank of gas? If your alignement is off, can that have this affect? But, can switching to these tires throw of my alignment? Since they were changed it seems like my wheel is off centered but the car doesn't seem to pull in any direction. Do you think it's possible the tires weren't balanced and thats the problem?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ack! You got the Dunlop Winter Sport M3's?! I have those on right now, and I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION. The worst winter tires I've EVAR purchased.

Anyways, what are the stock rim sizes on the 06 Elantras? Often times, aftermarket wheels are heavier and an increase in the radius of the wheel causes the wheel to move more, and it takes more power to move the heavier wheel the longer distance off the start. Highway miles shouldn't change, but the city driving miles will be highly affected.

Howie~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually have those on the front, and two diff. ones on the back, can't remember what winter tire they are, maybe I should switch them and see if it handles better seeing how you say they aren't good. I think they work ok but I've never had any other snow tires before.

All my driving is highway and I'm losing these miles. The rims are 16" and the stock ones were 15".

the aftermarked ones are aluminum too so I don't think they could way that much more.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well, if you think about it this way, the physics of it is that 1 pound standing is 6 pounds spinning according to the centrifical force laws. So, it really matters if the tires are heavier and the wheels are heavier.

If you want AWESOME snow tires, get some Michellin X-Ices. They're the best I've used. Awesome grip on ice, and they plow thruogh snow like a pro!

Howie~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts