Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i have is....
2.0 L Beta Engine
T3/T4 Turbo XS turbo .63 (hot) .50 (cold)
750 CC RC Precision Injectors
KDM 3 MM Headgasket
OBX U/D alter. and water pump pulleys
255 Walbro Fuel Pump
FMIC
Tuning with Apexi SAFC-Neo
MBC

What I hopefully can get....
Run 20 PSI
290 WHP

Is this too far fetched, please some one let me know..... also if i am missing anything.....

·
Registered
687 Posts
290 @ 20 psi?

I think you'll prolly get 275 @ 16 psi with those mods on 90 octane pump gas easy with those mods. 20psi is a tad bit high isn't it? The T3/T4 hybrid turbo by XS Autochrome isn't the best turbo in the world, but it'll do it's purpose.

Definitely tune it slow, and take it easy until you fully tune your ride... Breaking it would be a shame

Howie~

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
290 @ 20 psi?

I think you'll prolly get 275 @ 16 psi with those mods on 90 octane pump gas easy with those mods. 20psi is a tad bit high isn't it? The T3/T4 hybrid turbo by XS Autochrome isn't the best turbo in the world, but it'll do it's purpose.

Definitely tune it slow, and take it easy until you fully tune your ride... Breaking it would be a shame

Howie~
Not to mention that 20psi might be too much for your engine? I dont know betas that well but Im sure if its like the Alpha that if you keep stock compression you could whip out a higher HP at a lesser PSI...plus I beliveave the Beta tranny isn't strong enough to hold 250whp...just from what Ive heard...not sure if its talking about 250 when launching or just 250 as a whole.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
20psi doesnt seem like a good goal with just a decompression plate. The apexi will not control injectors that size, doubt it will even with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator? Personally i wouldnt do over 15psi with just the plate maybe 16, i wouldnt push it over 300hp regardless. I would however expect 300hp without any issues daily driven provided you have a nice tune.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the insight, before i go tune her im going to put up everything that i have done and then please let me know some more opinions...thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
booooosst

290 @ 20 psi?

Howie~
I heard a bunch of people say that my car can do 14-15 PSI with no problem, so a decompression plate should make a huge difference, and since my cars tranny can hold up too just about 300 WHP anyway. I'm going to start slow since i have those big ass injectors (750cc) with the tune but im defianlty going to drive at least 17 daily and I have a ETB to vary the boost.....

·
Registered
687 Posts
You're using this car as a D/D, correct? So, use the KISS method. "Keep It Simple Stupid". You'll need your car to go from Point A to Point B daily...

Going from a N/A platform to FI is a big deal of stress on ANY D/D and unless you have a backup car, it's not a very wise thing. Sure, as a weekend warrior, it won't blow, but it's a lot of stress on any other parts. As a DSM man myself, I wouldn't my new Eclipse much more than 18 psi without first doing some engine and valve work.

You won't even need the 750 injectors. I was running 16-18 psi @ the track fine with my 560cc injectors. If I'm not mistaken, the SAFC cannot control injectors over 650cc, so you'll have to find another way of tuning it out.

Decompression plate will help, but still look into getting new rods and pistons. It'd be a shame to break your car xP

Howie~

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gasket.....

I do have an alternate car(04 Stratus), but if i dont get into boost with my Tiburon it shouldnt be a big deal, right? So do you think if i had 530CC i could still push 18 PSI with no problem? Your telling me, it would be ashame to break something i put so much time and money into this project :( so I still think im going to put the headgasket on because then doing 18 PSI should be safe and what ever numbers i put down i guess i will have to settle for, thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Youll get more HP w/o the plate. Putting in a plate only lowers your commpression so you can handle more boost safley. The car can handle 13-14psi stock. Lowering compression also lowers your HP EVEN when boosting, again its only pupose is to alow for more boost. Talk to Rbruker, he was running 14 psi DD in his 1.6, why should the beta be any different?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
internals???

You're using this car as a D/D, correct? So, use the KISS method. "Keep It Simple Stupid". You'll need your car to go from Point A to Point B daily...

Going from a N/A platform to FI is a big deal of stress on ANY D/D and unless you have a backup car, it's not a very wise thing. Sure, as a weekend warrior, it won't blow, but it's a lot of stress on any other parts. As a DSM man myself, I wouldn't my new Eclipse much more than 18 psi without first doing some engine and valve work.

You won't even need the 750 injectors. I was running 16-18 psi @ the track fine with my 560cc injectors. If I'm not mistaken, the SAFC cannot control injectors over 650cc, so you'll have to find another way of tuning it out.

Decompression plate will help, but still look into getting new rods and pistons. It'd be a shame to break your car xP

Howie~
i understand that you were using 560CC injectors, but did you didnt change anything internally??? because if thats the case then im not going to do anything internally and go with 540 CC's at 15 PSI and get what ever HP i can get... sound kewl??

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well... if your only goal is PSI levels, you might as well go with stock and see how far they max out at, and adjust accordingly. If you're goin for HP goals, get set up with a 650cc *not sure exaclty what the SAFCII maxes out out, but I THINK that is the highest injector they can control* and tune it down and use an APR. That way, you can get bigger numbers. The turbo really has an influence on how you tune your injectors.

Personally, I would get the 540cc's and do a decent street tune which is 14-16psi. It'll do you fine, and they SHOULDN'T max out the injectors. I would first go for a Garret T28 turbo because it should fit your goals fine with your 14-16 psi. It'll be effective up to 18 psi and won't hold that too well though. It spools quick and pushes strong though.

Howie~

P.S. The beta is pretty strong and will do 14psi without too much trouble. People have done it again and again without too much hastle on a stock engine. By the time you pusht hat much, though, you'll want to get custom machined cams, intake manifold, and the speed bug will bite ya.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts