Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this is the deal i need some guidance on a problem. i went to get my 01 tib dyno tuned yesterday and the SAFC NEO i was getting tuned with can't set my 450 CC injectors correctly... Now, i heard that i might need to get my ECU reflashed to support the bigger injectors... someone point me in the right direction plzzzz...... later:confused:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
true true, but hey you just wanted to tune out the injectors right? well unfortunatly safcs are more for small end stuff. Mainly for N/A cars...just when you want to "fine tune" yur mods...get in a new BBTB change up te neo, got headers..duno tune the neo...that sorta stuff.

Since your turbo you will need a bigger stronger program like a Greddy E-manage or Megasqurt...something that will function well above the afc limits.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Greddy eManage Blue Box but it didn't seem suitable for my car... I went to the MegaSquirt site and theres no products for the Tiburon... This project is becoming a pain but im way to close right now..HELP

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true true, but hey you just wanted to tune out the injectors right? well unfortunatly safcs are more for small end stuff. Mainly for N/A cars...just when you want to "fine tune" yur mods...get in a new BBTB change up te neo, got headers..duno tune the neo...that sorta stuff.

Since your turbo you will need a bigger stronger program like a Greddy E-manage or Megasqurt...something that will function well above the afc limits.
What does BBTB stand for??? I already did the header/intake/exhaust set-up but i wanted to go turbo...

·
Registered
686 Posts
BBTB = Big Bore Throttle Body

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
With any piggyback system i strongly recomend a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to turn the fuel pressure down at idle otherwise its going to idle poor if at all.

·
Registered
232 Posts
you think the fuel pressure has something to do with it ive heard this story plenty of times and you know with dsms I dont have a problem with that weve done 550cc and even up to 720cc and had no problems with the safc but hyundais map based just seem to bog out why I would just love to know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts