Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a case of the Old and the New. i was once running a pod filter, then changed to a PSC fiberglass CAI. i cant notice much difference between them, but i can notice a good improvement over the stock set-up.

what's your opinions on the set-ups? which do you think is better for the car. both filters are K&N.

Cheers

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would definitely stick to the PSC intake as it is supposed to give the best gains. For your set up I would seriously consider changing the hose from the airbox to the TB as it is causing huge airflow restrictions. I would try using PVC pipe or something. Just get some probably 2 or 2.25" pipe, a 45 degree elbow, and two rubber connectors and you'll be good to go. Come to think of it using the factory hose is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah I agree with da_moose. The stock airbox-to-TB hose is actually as big as it's gonna get, and the inside of it is smooth for uninterrupted and smooth air flow, unlike the PSC hose, which has all the kinks in it that would create turbulence in the air flow.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Its posta make your intake be all quiet, its like a muffler for your intake. It also acts like a muffler in flow, kills it. Get some smooth bore pipe, or just steal some Civics intake, then hack it up to fit. :D

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Or go ******* style with it and cut it off with a hack saw and duct tape the wholes closed.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
With some models, you will find that a 20oz plastic bottle cap will fit in that little hole for the resonator. Put one in and clamp the bottlecap down. Worked great in my Elantra.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i thought that thing was a oil catch can or something of that sort, now i know better that it silences the intake, thanks for clearing that up:smoking:, and yes get a better piping, i have 3 inch piping with K&N race filter, the best gains for an intake

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you should stick with the cai. seems to me there would be more airflow there then just dropping a filter in the stock set up. just make sure that the air coming into the cai is cold enough. some repositioning might be needed, or some adding on. that might be where the difference occurs.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I had that same CAI setup check it out: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214738

I stoped that because I really didn't feel that much mor performance wise having a CAI, but I also ended up cutting a hole in the hood and added a scoop. Works alot better for ram air intake. It feels a lot better now. ( For a Short Ram Intake)

[Edited by fintile on Feb 12, 2006 11:16 AM]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts