Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyways i started polishing them up...well the first step...and i got a question....should i just paint the centercaps black???
heres what it started as

then

and a pic of the centercap that i got a problem with

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
the second pic looks a little bleached out on the black areas but they are looking better. I think I would paint the center caps black and just throw a little body filler on the chip in the other cap.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im thinking the black looks bleached out because of the sanding dust or something but yeah the chip in the centercap is just some of the "chrome" chipping off and has plastic underneath...ill probley just sand it and paint it black

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
If the black in the rim can come out looking like the first pic then it would set that rim off alot better. Those rims are off an excel? I always see excels with the crappy steel rims, I have never seen those.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im think so i looked it up and found a pic on ebay with that rim and said it was from a excel....what would be a good paint to paint the centercap with? its plastic

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Hah there's a 1988 excel GLS at my parent's place... let me see if I can take pics of it... that would be the ULTIMATE sleeper! Just enough rust to say "what a POS" but armed w/a weekend 4G63 swap, it will haul ass!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh...i dont have an excel i just got these rims with some tires that i wanted and wanna see what they looked like polished....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts