Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO, i was talking with my buddies at school about how the accent and elentra and tiburon have mitsubishi motors in them. and i know the older tiburons have(at least what i've heard) non-turbo, obviously, 4G63's. one of my friends has an eagle talon turbo(mitsubishi engine) and told me the swap could be possible with just some side motor mount adjustments. can someone help me out with this info, and is it possible?? if so, im thinkin im gonna go for it. or i might just get a 4G straight from a lancer or an evo. thanks to all for any thoughts, help, and comments.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. so wut is the better swap??? an elentra/tiburon motor? from 1999-2000 im guessing?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah he's right. The 4g63 was only in the early 90's Elantra's and maybe the Sonota. Not sure on that. It would'nt be a bad swap at all. Im sure it's not that much of a troublsome swap. I've been looking into that as well. Got a few guys that have looked at everything thing for me and said that aside from the wire harness it should be a pretty simple cut and weld job. My plan is to have a 2nd gen GST engine and tranny swapped in with nothing more than some cam, catback and intake mods so i can be legal and still have power. Did some reasearch and it would cost me maybe $75-$100 more a year but i can legally have that engine in my car as long as it's setup as it would be in a stock GST as far as emissions goes.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
That would be a nightmare for no reason. The DSM 4G63T is on the wrong side of the engine bay. If you go to do it at least do yourself a favor and get an EVO 4G63T since it faces the correct way. If you don't you'll be interfering with the steering mechanism among other things.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah...I saw that...whys it so ass backwards? Oh wel...still it wouldbe sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts