Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the kits on ebay, around $70 bucks for 2 door 2001. Any one installed these before? I heard from a friend that they are garbage, but I want to know what yall think. Also, difficulty level from 1-10 (10 being hardest) would be of help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Somebody must have installed power windows in their Accent. Are they worth the money? Will they last long? Easy installation? ANy help aT AlL! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
281 Posts
power windows arent usually as reliable stock as roll windows, which means aftermarket universal kits are gonna be worse. but i am biased. i love roll up windows.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I hope the aftermarket ones are better than the stock hyundai power windows. The ones in my accent SUCK. I already (recently) replaced the driverside regulator and its already having problems going up and down. They have ALWAYS had problems since day one (both sides)!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, thats what I figured, "once a problem always a problem." I guess I will stay away unless I hear something convincing. Thanks yall.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi People.

I have installed a Power Window set that I purchased on eBay into my X3 Excel/Accent, depending on which country your are in. (I'm in Australia.) The listing's seller was Rapid Electronics.

As far as the kit goes, I found it very simple to install. Just be careful of the little screws that attach to the gear head and motor for the bracing, as they are easy to snap off. I used reasonble force only, with some locktite for good measure. (After I broke one.)

As far as the operation goes, if you windows have ANY level of resistance while being manually wound.. it's going to be noticable with the kit. My driver window works pretty well, but the passenger window is a little on the slow side, especially if it's all the way down.

The lower chanels inside the door where the window slides, near the door latching mechanism often rust. This REALLY slows the windows down as it squeezes the window track trach rubber hard against the window.

I don't use the windows often, as the A/C is usually on. I will be honest in saying that I am a little dissapointed in the strength of the motors... but, there is always the cance for me now to possible modify or source stronger motors.

I was unaware that the Standard Hyundai motors weren't that strong... which is a shame.... as I had now considered trying to source some genuine motors.

The kit is very good quality... it just needs stronger motors... the wiring is high amp, which is good, and the buld quality of the components is very good indeed.

But, at the end of the day, you want operation more than asthetics.... and I can only honestly rate the performance at a 7/10... (10 being the highest).

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any questions which may be of assitance to you.

Best regards :)

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts