Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the better buy, the 'powerchip' or a SAFC unit, (I or II, either one).
what could unlock the better performance potential.

the Powerchip for the LC2 boasts a 12kw increase with 98ron fuel.
what could the SAFC do?

·
Registered
631 Posts
The two are pretty different from each other.

The SAFC allows you to control fuel. Essentially richen or lean out the mixture to tune the car for the optimum afr.

The chip adjusts fuel and SPARK to net changes in HP.

If costs were the same, and I didn't have plans for major modification (turbo, etc), I would go chip.

·
Registered
311 Posts
One point you missed about the chip. It is programmed to suit a STANDARD car and will advance timing and lean the mixture for more power. In combination with bigger exhausts etc, the mixture may become too lean(as exhaust mods/Tb/CAI etc when all installed can make a car run leaner than stock once the computer runs out of adjustment) and cause damage.
I'd go proper piggyback like an e-manage as it can do spark too(cost isn't much different either to a chip) and can be dyno tuned each time when you make more mods, also allowing REAL performance mods like cams etc(most people on these forums think spark leads and ground kits make a fast car :??:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all i nee dto know how to remap my hyundai lantra j2 sedan i have a laptop to do it and the loom is inisde the car under the drivers side dash anyway what ecu remapping cables and programs can i use i nned to do it asap thanks need all the info ican so i can do my car a bit better on torqu and throttle get back thanks with all info i have done the exhaust system ,air pod, using a piggy back powerchip to the senor in the engine bay put in a strut brace on top and need to remap the cars ecu get back asap thanks any other ideas on how to get it faster be great thanks...

cheers aaron.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And on that post above about re-mapping your car with a laptop, good luck not killing your engine. If you don't have a rolling-road dyno and and air-fuel ratio meter, then you can't do it properly,regardless of the software and cable you have.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is so many EMS out there, which is the best one suited for hyundais?
what i have ATM is basic mods IHE TB, and thinking of beta swap later down the track, (ultimate goal). along the way i might get things like a camshaft, port the intake, bigger injectors?... and maybe an oil cooler and that jazz. thinking, thinking.

basically what is the best EMS to get for my needs? what are people running on NA engines and are happy with? price wise, it seems cheaper to get a Emanage then a chip, even a safc!

[Edited by Medic_01 on Mar 20, 2006 6:01 PM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts