Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gathered quite a bit of information from this site and I find it helpful but one thing I am not sure is on the interchangeabilty of engines, in particular Beta motors.

As I posted, I have a 2001 Elantra with not only a blown tranny but motor. I took it apart and found the #2 rod bearing spun and I found that piston to have a huge chunk of the skirt missing. Instead of rebuilding the motor, I found a 2003 VIN D Elantra motor with under 36K miles for $900. Since it is a pre-10/02 motor w/o CCV, can I use this as a direct bolt in on the '01?

If not, are the short blocks at least interchangable between the Beta and BetaII?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've gathered quite a bit of information from this site and I find it helpful but one thing I am not sure is on the interchangeabilty of engines, in particular Beta motors.

As I posted, I have a 2001 Elantra with not only a blown tranny but motor. I took it apart and found the #2 rod bearing spun and I found that piston to have a huge chunk of the skirt missing. Instead of rebuilding the motor, I found a 2003 VIN D Elantra motor with under 36K miles for $900. Since it is a pre-10/02 motor w/o CCV, can I use this as a direct bolt in on the '01?

If not, are the short blocks at least interchangable between the Beta and BetaII?
Yes it is a plug and play swap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts