Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PPL please help me out on this... I have an LC with beta1 engine, 1.5soch tranny and currently using the beta1 oem pressure plate/clutch. My car is european. I ordered an f1 racing clutch from ebay for the tiburon/elantra etc. I was going to install it today and the mechanic said it was a pull type clutch and my clutch is a push type! Crap.. Now what? Will a pressure plate /clutch off an scoupe turbo work to my engine? Damn us and eu differences....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My understanding of the differences between the trannies are that the alpha are push and the betas are pull.

I was going to buy a scoupe turbo clutch. They should fit just fine, many beta swappers told me to buy them or a 1.6 alpha clutch.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok then because I am about to purchase a stage 5 super drag clutch kit from clutchmasters and I want to confirm that it actually works with the beta block/alpha tranny. I have for sale the f1racing clutch if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about that but it's really important for me to find my answers really quick. I mean, I have the turbo kit ready to install and I have no clutch to hold the power! Come on ppl. Will the scoupe turbo clutch/pressure plate fit my beta engine and alpha 1.5sohc trans?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It helps a lot... and thanks a lot! Hey do you want to sell this thing to me? pm me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts