Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i'm changing my tranny. my problem is the throw out bearing came out stuck to the pressure plate. I have the clutch out. I see the backing to it and I noticed a clip that I'm sure is holding the beaing on. it goes around the bearing and has two points that stick up. I need to know if there is a trick or something so I can put the bearing back into the tranny so i can put the new tranny in. basically the bearing is stuck to the plate and I need to take it off.
I dont want to ruin the clip opr backing or anything cause I dont have another one. And I know its gonna be special order and this is taking too long as it is.
How can I remove this bearing TONIGHT without breaking anything???
Please help ASAP!!

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
When we did this it seemed pretty self explanatory I don't even remember having to do it. While you're in there you ought to get a new one. I would do the clutch too since it's open unless it's brand new. It's probably not special order, I would call around. Reusing a TOB is just silly.

Expand the ring on the pressure plate with a pair of needle nosed pliars to get it off.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have another, the problem is getting the old one off the pressure plate. when I removed the tranny, i took off the lever for the shaft that should have removed the TOB.
The other TOB I have came with the new tranny i'm tyrying to put on.
I'm sorry for the confusion. I just want to remove the old one which is stuck on the plate and I dont want to ruin the TOB backing on the plate.
Say the pressure plate is in your hand. The TOB is stuck on it. On the inside of the plate is a backing I guess for the TOB.

: <--[pressure plate
backing ---> [:]<--TOB
:

I want this bearing off the plate without damaging the backing, or whatever it is called. Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about?? Nevermind replacing the tob, I just want the one OFF THE PRESSURE PLATE...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those are snap ring pliers? I just got back from the store but they didnt have the kind that you squeeze to open. Maybe home depot, but I dobt it. they never have anything I need.
But awesome find! exactly what
i'm talking aboot!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all day yesterday I was trying to free that **** with screwdrivers with no luck. So I rode my bike to a tranny shop down the street a bit. after 15 minutes THEY couldnt do it. WTF, right? So finally my wife gets home and I go to autozone (f*ck sears hardware and home depot) and pick up snap ring plyers. I get in the living room and put on The Patriot. Within 5 minutes I got it off. But since the tranny shop did a good job at butchering the shimmy clip thing, I had to re-weave it through the splines and now its fine. So I start to work on putting this **** back together,its now around 9pm, and I get pissed, you know, and I see my neighbor down the street start walking towards me, but then he turns and goes back home. And good! I'm in no mood for his ****,. Then it starts raining so I say f-it!
Its now 3 am, its still raining and my car is still in pieces. I hate this house. I hate this fvcking "walking on eggshells" neighborhood. I hate that my car is still in pieces. I hate that there hasnt been any work in a couple weeks. I hate spending so much time in this house with my wife. And I hate the fact that this **** aint nutin I hoped it to be. So I the morning, I hope, I'm gonna squeeze the tranny through this little, tight fvckin space into place, put the clutch back on, which needs to be removed to remove this fvcking tranny, put it all back together and get the fvck out of this house!!!!!!!!!!! And not to bitch but this is just one nightmare in a years-long series. WTF????? Oh well, at least I got a full pack of stogies! But I really cant believe these tranny guys couldnt do it. I HATE mechanics!!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If it helps it's 3:30 here and me and Wilbur are doing body work on his Golf. We just got back from the store because we ran out of Bondo and sandpaper. lol.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YO!! I need a post up of the inside of the clutch slave cylinder, pronto!!

Please?.... I'm just about done, (dont ask), and pretty much the only help i need is the innards of my little slave boy.
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts