Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
problem with accent turbo, please help me!

hello, first my english is a litle bad, i am french canadien.
I turboed my accent 2006(lc2)
My stock list:

1.6L
turbo kkk03 set at 7psi
bov
intercooler
home made simple AFC(when boost occur computer see O2 sensor very lean an enrich mixture at aprox 12-13:1..it's work good)
home made return line
FMU 6:1 and FPR

i have probleme when boosting but not allways, the car hesitate or not give me the full power...is very strange...first, when a snap the trottle in the floor, i feel the power but after one or 2 second, the car buck 1 or 2 second and i don't feel the power after but boost is at 7psi, if i release the trottle for less boost 2-4 psi at max..i feel the power...

my problem occur whitout my home made cheap AFC(But the buckage is less strong with my cheap AFC) ... i think is probably my map read too much pressure and cut the fuel but i have read in this forum the stock ECU and Stock map do not cut fuel above 14.5psi of boost?!?!

Assumption :
1-Map cut fuel
2-I don'T have tried to run a colder sparkplug, i run my stock sparkplug...?!
3-Timming/compression to advanced/high

all helps is apreciated thanks...and very sorry for my limited english!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You need one stage colder spark plugs and need to close the gap some on the plugs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) thanks! he run perfectly now! it's awesome the torc in 5th gear! :D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
awesome! Looking forward to seeing pics and dyno #'s!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the problem be back after one week....i have recheck the gap of the spark and it'S ok..i have tried with smallest gap(0.025) and the problem percist...i don'T understand....i have recheck all...and i don't see anything ....
i have try with many sensor unplugued..and problem persist....with map sensor unplugued the problem is bigguest...with tps sensor unplugued the problem is less a little bit but when the power come back the wheel spin...and with 02 sensor unpluged the problem is less but the power is less...i don't understand...too advance in timming or need more fuel or ????
thanks for fast reply

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Without a wideband its hard to say but i would guess its either a rich/lean miss, hard to say.

·
Registered
435 Posts
alright, try this on for size...

FMU = POS get rid of that piece of junk... get a walboro fuel pump and a decent engine management system... everyone i ever talk to wiht an fmuy sai it works enough to run but not like stock or a real piggy back. get rid of homemade afc, its more difficult for and afc to account for an fmu, just get decent SAFC, larger injectors, and tune that urself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts