Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSC (Performance Styling Centre) are considering offering a turbo kit for Accents & Getz. it's without an ECU but pretty cheap. $4500 Australian.
they are asking for registered interest. question is, is anyone interested?

i am for one. check it out on the website.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by Izapyou
[body]
Do your own its cheaper, my cost around $600 and it runs great. Turbo Gt (03)
[/body]
Why dont you compare apples with apples. Try getting a brand new turbo, brand new intercools and brand new piping for under $600. Your setup might be cheap, but i would be very surprised if it was as reliable as the PSC kit.

Remeber: Reliability, performance, cost, you can only choose 2.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
My turbo was new, very small turbo though. All in all with the bov, intercooler/piping,hoses,manifold,boost controller, emanage, tib sensors/injectors/ecu/tb, etc etc etc etc I've got an easy 3000 in my setup. I would possibly be interested in some parts from their setup depending on what exactly they are offering....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Remeber: Reliability, performance, cost, you can only choose 2.
sorry but I don't agree with that.

[Edited by Mazdero on Feb 13, 2006 10:11 PM]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Izapyou[body] Im a mechanic so I know what to look for when I purchased my turbo parts[/body]
In that case you need to add your consulting advice to total cost, unless you would be willing to inspect, install turbo parts for free. Not to mention, you probably have all of the tools necessary to begin and complete the work.

Despite my rebuttal I agree with Izapyou. I think a company would be better served by offering those parts that are not easily manufactured. For instance I would be willing to pay for a turbo manifold and maybe even an oil pan. Maybe an inter-cooler set-up w/ piping I could tweak to fit my set-up.

4k Ausy = 2,955.60 USD

I don't know, maybe 3k isn't that bad for a solution that would take no time or thought to install.
Personally I enjoy the thought process involved, I'm guessing that Izapyou does too.

[Edited by XericRally on Feb 14, 2006 7:08 PM]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by Mazdero
[body]

sorry but I don't agree with that.

[Edited by Mazdero on Feb 13, 2006 10:11 PM]
[/body]
Thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Izapyou: I also purchased some parts of my setup second hand, but i took my time looking aswell and found very good condition parts. Not everyone will have the knowlege/experience to do that.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
A few of my parts were used like the bov and boost controller though they were only used for like 3 months. A turbo kit is a great idea for someone who doesnt have time to deal with this type of stuff. Not everyone has time to source parts, install, fix, tune etc etc. If I had the money I would of bought a turbo kit instead of piece by piece as I did.

·
Registered
91 Posts
From what ive seen on their website it doesnt sound bad, ive registered my interest, but that doesnt necessarily buy it. if i can afford it i might, but it depends what size the turbo is, because it says its recommended for 6-8psi, i know you can boost it up more, but i want at least a t25

·
Registered
91 Posts
well nobody said that u cant get reliability and performance from a used turbo, but at least if you get a new one im sure you can get some sort of manufacturers warranty to warrant against it blowing up or falling apart. and besides, if you read what was said on psc's site, at the moment they are getting numbers who are interested, it also said that there is no obligation to buy it. sure you can probably get all the parts second hand, and they may be just as reliable, but not everyone wants to go searching half way around the country to try and get all the parts...especially where i live

·
Registered
91 Posts
thanks, somebody agrees with me. its ok for most of these guys in america to get used turbos and parts, but its a whole different story in australia, the parts are a lot harder to come by here. i live right in the middle of australia so there is absolutely nothing i can get used here, not even from a wreckers. i think the psc kits are a good idea, and they are very resonably priced, considering the ones they used to have on there were upwards of $6500 australian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts