Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I recently noticed that when I hit around 65 mph on the expressway, I start hear this weird pulsing noise come from the car. If I push the clutch in and let the RPM's fall, the noise goes away. But when the RPM's hit around 3K, and the speedo reads 65 or higher, the noise starts. Also, the faster I go, the faster the pulsing noise becomes. It kind of sounds like its coming from the exhaust, but I'm not 100% sure. It could be coming from the engine.

There's no performance loss in the car at all. I thought that maybe it could be something vibrating in the engine bay, or someone along the exhaust pipes, but its not really a vibration kind of sound. Its just a pulsating sound. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? :ermm:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Explain what the pulsating sound, sounds like...I cant think of what pulsating sounds like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed the same thing about 2 months ago. I had a buddy in the car and he couldnt hear it at all but i could definatley hear it so i was confused. Mines an auto and it still made the noise. I was thinking it was the tires but when i barely let off the throttle it stopped! Ive been wondering about it since the day i heard it, im stumped.

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Whiplash_89
[body]
Explain what the pulsating sound, sounds like...I cant think of what pulsating sounds like.
[/body]
Hard to explain. :ermm: Think of it as a noise that gets loud than quiet than loud then quiet and so on, in a pulsing kind of way.

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitly front

1 - 7 of 7 Posts